TORRANCE, Calif., Oct. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Toyota introduced its all-new Avalon Hybrid and its hybrid vehicle lineup into millions of living rooms across America on Sunday, October 7, with a "Discover Toyota" showcase that aired on HSN at 12 noon, 4 p.m. and 9 p.m. EDT.
- Toyota is the first auto manufacturer to appear on HSN in the more than 30 years since it was founded.
- Auto experts Micah Muzio of KBB.com and Tara Weingarten of Vroomgirls.com joined HSN's well-known hosts Marlo Smith and Brett Chuckerman to give HSN viewers an inside look at Toyota's hybrid vehicles, including the Prius Family, Camry Hybrid, Highlander Hybrid - and the all-new Toyota Avalon Hybrid.
Both the all-new Avalon and Avalon Hybrid were designed, engineered and manufactured in America.
- Toyota extended an exclusive offer to HSN's audience to register, either by calling HSN or visiting a Toyota/HSN custom site to receive a $1,000 gas card or HSN Kash upon purchasing a Toyota hybrid in the next 90 days. The site, which can be accessed at http://www.hsn.com/Toyota_at-5548_xa.aspx?cm_re=TVElement-_-Toyota-_-shopNow, will remain live through November 5.
- To enhance viewers' experience, the corresponding Toyota/HSN site featured a variety of Toyota activities, including videos, a quiz and a Toyota-themed game. Fans earned points for playing to win prizes and enter a sweepstakes for a chance to win the all-new Avalon Hybrid.
- After introducing the Prius in 2000, Toyota expanded its hybrid lineup to incorporate hybrid versions of popular Toyota models. Toyota has now sold nearly 75 percent of all hybrids in America.
- "HSN has a really loyal and engaged base of viewers, so it was a natural partner to help us expose our growing lineup of hybrids to people across the country. We got such an enthusiastic response from HSN's viewers and fans, so we'll continue to push the envelope on how we help people discover Toyota."
Ed Laukes, VP of Marketing Communications and Motorsports at Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
SOURCE Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.