AUSTIN, Texas, Oct. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) today announces two new products to help engineers monitor machines, heavy equipment and aging infrastructure. Engineers can integrate the wireless sensor network (WSN) strain node and C Series module with NI CompactRIO for predictive maintenance to predict faults, analyze fatigue, lower operating costs and decrease downtime.
"With NI wireless sensor networks and the new WSN strain node, we can easily monitor critical structures without excessive cables," said Sharon L. Wood, professor and department chair of civil, architectural and environmental engineering at The University of Texas at Austin. "We use WSN nodes that are programmable with LabVIEW for onboard analysis of strain data to achieve an in-depth understanding of structural response."
WSN-3214 Strain Node
- Four analog input channels that support quarter-, half- and full-bridge completion
- Two digital I/O channels for event detection and programmatic control
- Ability to perform onboard data processing, save data locally, or predict fault conditions with the NI LabVIEW WSN Module
NI 9232 C Series Module
- +/- 30 V input range, 4 mA IEPE current excitation and 41 kHz bandwidth
- Screw terminals and open/short sensor detection for use in permanent industrial monitoring applications
Click to Tweet: With @NIGlobal WSN products, we can easily monitor
critical structures w/o excessive cables - Dr. Wood, @CockrellSchool
- Product Pages: WSN-3214 node and NI 9232 module
- WSN Product and Configuration Guide
- Solar-Powered Enclosures for NI WSN Nodes
- Configure Your Condition Monitoring System
About National Instruments
Since 1976, National Instruments (www.ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI's graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company's long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.
Pricing and Contact Information
WSN-3214 Node priced* from $599; €549; ¥76,000
NI 9232 Module priced* from $1,499; €1,399; ¥168,000
*All prices are subject to change without notice.
11500 N Mopac Expwy, Austin, Texas 78759-3504
Tel: (800) 258-7022, Fax: (512) 683-9300
CompactRIO, LabVIEW, National Instruments, NI and ni.com are trademarks of National Instruments. Other product and company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.
Editor Contact: Julia Betts, (512) 683-8165
SOURCE National Instruments