Keynote Lineup Includes Wikipedia Founder Jimmy Wales, Author and Journalist Misha Glenny and BT Chief Security Technology Advisor Bruce Schneier
LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The top information security professionals and business leaders across Europe gathered today for the opening of the 13th annual RSA® Conference Europe being held at the Hilton London Metropole Hotel, U.K. Taking place 9th-11th October, RSA Conference Europe 2012 will bring together the information security community’s best minds to address new and innovative strategies aimed at enabling businesses while protecting against emerging threats.
Through interactions with peers working the front lines and top industry experts, RSA Conference Europe 2012 is the event for security professionals learn best practices for keeping their organizations safe and sharpening their skill sets by attending sessions from a notable lineup of keynote speakers, including:
- Jimmy Donal Wales, Internet Entrepreneur and Founder of Wikipedia
- Art Coviello, Executive Vice President of EMC Corporation and Executive Chairman of RSA, The Security Division of EMC
- Joshua Corman, Director, Security Intelligence, Akamai Technologies
- Adrienne Hall, General Manager, Trustworthy Computing Microsoft Corporation
- Misha Glenny, Journalist and Author of DarkMarket: How Hackers Became the New Mafia
- Bruce Schneier, Chief Security Technology Officer, BT
- Francis deSouza, Group President, Enterprise Products and Services, Symantec
- Philippe Courtot, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Qualys Inc.
- Herbert “Hugh” Thompson, Ph.D, RSA Conference Programme Committee Chairman RSA Conference
“Each year, RSA Conference strives to help security professionals share, connect and engage to answer the most difficult questions facing our industry,” said XXX. “In 2012, businesses are coming to the realization that security has completely evolved beyond traditional borders. The convergence of personal devices, privacy and protection is forcing major changes in the modern enterprise. Our goal is to provide professionals with the top experts with proven, real-life advice that attendees can apply to their own work environments and RSA Conference Europe aligns perfectly with our mission.”
Some of the highlights at RSA Conference Europe 2012 include:
- Author’s Studio – On Tuesday, 9 October and Wednesday, 10 October visit the Crypto Commons to hear from renowned authors of information security literature – including both fact and fiction – during the all-new Author’s Studio sessions. During insightful 30-minute interviews, moderators will pose some initial questions and then it is your turn to ask what’s on your mind.
- The Science Lab: Live RAT Dissection – Scheduled for Tuesday, 9 October, Uri Fleyder, Cyber Lab Senior Researcher, RSA, The Security Division of EMC and Uri Rivner, Head of Cyber Strategy, Biocatch, will investigate why remote administration tools are spreading like wildfire in the cybercrime underground. The discussion aims to reveal recent Cyber Intelligence findings and dissect the new VNC Trojan add-on, showing an end-to-end online banking fraud operation using the most blood-chilling attack vector the financial industry has seen to date.
- UK Government Lunch Session – On Tuesday, 9 October, join the UK Cabinet Office's Government Digital Service for an informative session to learn how they are developing a pan-Government model for identity assurance through a series of 'alpha' projects. This session will describe the approach with a focus on one of its alpha projects.
- The Mobile Criminal: A Pocket Full of Maliciousness – Scheduled for Tuesday, 9 October, Gunter Ollmann, Vice President, Research, Damballa’s session will cover how criminals are becoming more and more adept at infecting mobile devices. As consumers’ concern over threats that target their mobile devices grows, the criminals tasked with engineering the tools for distributing and controlling their crimeware are becoming increasingly proficient. This session will reveal the latest insight into the mobile threat - focusing on the criminals behind the attacks.
- Cracked SSL? – On Tuesday, 9 October, this panel, led by Ben Wilson, SVP Industry Relations/Gen. Counsel, DigiCert, will discuss how to mitigate or prevent active Man-In-The-Middle attacks. We examine attacks that use combinations of social engineering, malware, DNS, and certificate mis-issuance or issuance process compromises involving CAs to compromise SSL sessions on unpatched, misconfigured, or poorly designed systems, tricking users into disclosing sensitive information.
- Town Hall Debate Sessions – Scheduled for Wednesday, 10 October, join peers in the RSA Conference community for informal Town Hall sessions in the Crypto Commons Theatre. Sessions include Dr. Marnix Dekker, Security Expert and Information Security Officer, ENISA discussing his latest Cloud Security research. This discussion will be followed by a fast-paced and interactive panel featuring RSA Conference Programme Committee Chairman Hugh Thompson leading a conversation with Wolfgang Kandek, CTO at Qualys, and Josh Corman, Director of Security Intelligence at Akamai, to dissect the industry’s most pressing topics.
- Cyber Jihad vs Cyberterrorism - Separating Hype from Reality – On Thursday, 11 October, Dancho Danchev will explore the basics of cyber jihad discussing in-depth the technical capabilities of cyber jihadist hacking teams and their associated hacking literature. The presentation will consider the conflict of interest when it comes to intelligence agencies' way of handling these communities, next to a case study on the Global Islamic Media Front.
RSA Conference Europe would like to extend its thanks its 2012 sponsors: Microsoft; RSA, The Security Division of EMC; Symantec Corporation; Symantec; Qualys; BreakingPoint; HOB; Splunk; Akamai; Bromium; Check Point Software Technologies LTD; Deloitte; Evidon; Informatica; Mykonos; Phishme.com; and, Cabinet Office Government Digital Service.
A complete RSA Conference Europe 2012 agenda can be found at:
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference helps drive the global information security agenda with annual events in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Throughout its almost 21-year history, RSA Conference consistently attracts the best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities to learn about information security’s most important issues through face-to-face and online interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies. As information security professionals work to stay ahead of ever-changing security threats and trends, they turn to RSA Conference for a 360-degree view of the industry. RSA Conference seeks to arm participants with the knowledge they need to remain at the forefront of the information security business. More information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry can be found at www.rsaconference.com.
# # #
RSA and the RSA Conference logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other products and/or services referenced are trademarks of their respective companies.
+44 20 81239946
Source: RSA Conference