SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Esurance, the direct-to-consumer personal car insurance company, is now offering renters insurance in Illinois.
Consumers in Illinois can now get added protection for their property and peace of mind for only sixteen dollars per month on average.* The renters coverage is offered as an add-on to an Esurance car insurance policy, and is available to both new and existing Esurance customers.
Current Esurance customers in Illinois that have an existing car insurance policy can add renters coverage immediately by calling 1-800-378-7262.
The coverage is available for Illinois consumers renting or leasing a home, apartment or condo. Illinoisans that choose to add renters coverage to their auto insurance quote or existing auto policy are also eligible for the Renters Plus™ discount** on their car insurance, which can offer additional savings on their car insurance premium.
Renters insurance from Esurance can offer:***
- Replacement of personal items such as TVs, laptops, clothing and other gear inside your apartment or rental home
- Additional living expenses if you are forced out of your residence due to fire, water damage or some other unforseen covered incident
- Liability costs related to accidents that occur in your residence
- Medical costs when a visitor is injured in your residence
Esurance empowers people to make smart choices about their car insurance by providing easy-to-use online tools such as Coverage Counselor®, comparison quotes, and a convenient mobile app, as well as 24/7 customer service. The company is backed by Allstate, the largest publicly held personal lines insurer in the U.S.
* Based on average expected quoted premiums. Actual premium price will depend on coverage limits and insured property. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions will apply.
** The Renters Plus discount will be applied as long as the renters coverage remains on the policy; if renters coverage is removed from policy, the discount will no longer be applied.
***Limits and exclusion may apply.
Esurance provides auto insurance direct to consumers online, over the phone, and through select agents, including sister company, Answer Financial. With an easy-to-use mobile app, quick comparison quotes, and online repair monitoring, Esurance is insurance for the modern world™ and the smart choice for today's web-savvy consumer. As a member of the Allstate family with an A+ rating from A.M. Best, Esurance is a reliable choice for car insurance, offering anytime, anywhere service just a click, call, or tap away. For more information, visit www.esurance.com or call 1-800-ESURANCE (1-800-378-7262).