DALLAS, Oct. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) announced today a 40 percent discount code for use on roundtrip Wanna Get Away fares. This incredible discount is valid for purchases on southwest.com and SWABIZ.com today through 11:59 p.m. PST Thursday, Oct. 11, 2012, and is available for travel every day of the week except Sundays beginning Nov. 28 through Dec. 12, 2012, and from Jan. 7 through Feb. 14, 2013 (blackout dates apply for select markets). The discount code BigDeal40 must be entered in the Promo Code box on southwest.com or SWABIZ.com in order to receive the 40 percent discount. Terms and conditions are listed below, or Customers can access at http://www.southwest.com/html/promotions/fs-big-winter-sale.html.
"Southwest Airlines is thrilled to offer this outstanding discount on our lowest fares for the winter travel season," said Kevin Krone, Southwest Airlines Vice President of Marketing, Sales, and Distribution. "We are proud that Southwest remains committed to providing low fares to Customers across the nation."
As a part of the effort to spread low fares farther through the integration of two airlines, AirTran Airways, Southwest's wholly owned subsidiary, launched a winter sale today to select nationwide destinations. AirTran's fares along with terms and conditions can be found at www.airtran.com
ABOUT SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CO.
In its 42nd year of service, Dallas-based Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) continues to differentiate itself from other low-fare carriers by providing a reliable product with exemplary Customer Service. Including wholly owned subsidiary AirTran Airways, the Company now serves 97 destinations in 41 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, six near-international countries, and employs more than 46,000 People.
Visit southwest.com/citizenship to read the Southwest Airlines One Report™ and see how Southwest is doing its part to be a good citizen while underscoring a commitment to the triple bottom line of Performance, People, and Planet.
Southwest Airlines, one of the most honored airlines in the world, is the nation's largest carrier in terms of originating domestic passengers boarded. Southwest currently operates more than 3,200 flights a day and serves the communities around 76 airports in Southwest's network of domestic destinations. To book a flight, visit southwest.com.
AirTran Airways, a wholly owned subsidiary of Southwest Airlines Co., has been ranked the top airline in the Airline Quality Rating study three times in the past five years. AirTran offers coast-to-coast and near-international service with nearly 700 flights a day on North America's newest all-Boeing fleet. The airline's low-cost, high-quality product also includes assigned seating and Business Class. To book a flight, visit airtran.com.
Terms and Conditions (BigDeal40)
- The multi-use discount code is required to be used in the Promo Code box on southwest.com or SWABIZ.com in order to receive 40 percent discount off roundtrip Wanna Get Away fares during the valid travel dates listed below.
- Roundtrip travel required. Reservations can include up to eight people.
- Discount is valid on new reservations only and purchase must be made prior to 11:59 pm PT on Oct. 11, 2012, for travel between Nov. 28 through Dec. 12, 2012, and Jan. 7 through Feb. 14, 2013.
- Day of week and City Pair exclusions include:
- Travel to/from Ft. Myers, FL
- Blackout Dates include travel to/from the following airports:
- New Orleans flights from Jan. 17 through Jan. 21, 2013, and Jan. 31 through Feb. 14, 2013.
- Las Vegas flights Jan. 10 through Jan. 14, 2013, Jan. 17 through Jan. 21, 2013, and Jan. 31 through Feb. 14, 2013.
- Washington Reagan National (DCA), Washington Dulles (IAD), and Baltimore-Washington (BWI) Jan. 17 through Jan. 23, 2013.
- 40 percent discount code is valid for the Wanna Get Away Fares only and is applied before taxes and fees.
- To obtain discount on existing reservations meeting all requirements of this discount offer, the reservation must be canceled and a new reservation booked using the discount code (fare rules apply).
- Discount will apply only on the valid travel dates. If one direction of the trip is outside the valid dates and one is within the valid travel, only the portion of travel falling within sale dates will be discounted.
- Changes made to the itinerary after purchase will eliminate qualifications for this promotion. The discount is only valid with the provided Promotion Code and is not combinable with other Promotion Codes or fares available exclusively through the web tool DING!
- Discount is not valid on reservations made using Rapid Rewards Points.
- Discount is not valid on Jackpot or Southwest Vacation package deals.
SOURCE Southwest Airlines