FLINT, Mich., Oct. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- HealthPlus of Michigan has launched an innovative marketing campaign that showcases what makes the company unique—namely, its people and services—while getting to the heart of what consumers care about most when making a health benefits purchase: price and provider access.
The campaign features:
- A new tagline, "The right plan for a healthier you," and refreshed company logo
- A mini-website with videos, blogs and an RSS feed
- New TV, radio, print, and outdoor ads, which launched Sept. 9, in several Michigan markets
- Timing geared to take advantage of the fall open enrollment season among employers and government programs
"HealthPlus' new tagline is all about our vision and its focus on member wellness," said Raj Bajpai, director of marketing and product development at HealthPlus. "With the ads, we want to clearly communicate how that vision defines our brand and how this translates into an accessible, cost-effective health insurance product."
The result is a markedly different campaign that avoids lifestyle vignettes and instead uses white backgrounds, clean images and real HealthPlus employees. The campaign focuses on:
- Affordability: With the idea of targeting younger individuals who will soon be entering the market, this spot—dubbed "Cell Phone Distraction"—uses an easily understood comparison between average monthly HealthPlus rates and those of a smart phone
- Accessibility: HealthPlus can talk about the depth and breadth of physician network all day, but nothing says "We've got you covered" like a mitten-map and thousands of "Arrows."
- Service and stability: It's a topsy-turvy health care landscape out there and the "People" spot—featuring real HealthPlus employees—is designed to reassure new and current members that HealthPlus has been, is and will continue to be, dedicated to members before, during and after health care reform.
- Chronic condition management: Take diabetes, for example, and the way some health plans "help" members manage complicated treatments. (Um, right.) But HealthPlus members get "Debbie," a real live nurse who provides ongoing support, information and, if needed, a hand to hold.
- Medicare: The "Puzzle" spot is a literal interpretation of how HealthPlus leads people through the maze of Medicare options and choices. Census figures show that for the next 18 years, 10,000 people a day will be turning 65. That's a lot of lost seniors needing HealthPlus' expert Medicare guidance. (Puzzle spot available Oct. 29.)
"Each ad focuses on a single relevant consumer message that tells part of the HealthPlus story. Taken as a whole, the campaign begins to effectively flesh out what the HealthPlus brand and difference are all about," said Bajpai.
Look for outdoor advertising and Biggest Loser Pete Thomas in the campaign, too. Thomas, who is health and wellness spokesman for HealthPlus, and the season two at-home winner of NBC's popular "Biggest Loser" show, is featured in several 15-second "healthy tips" spots for television and the Internet.
"With or without reform, trends in health benefits purchasing show a more consumer- or member-driven model," said Nancy Jenkins, HealthPlus vice president of membership growth. "Our strategy is an integrated marketing effort that stands out from our competitors, builds true brand awareness and gets HealthPlus on consumer radars."
HealthPlus collaborated with its agency of record, re:group, which is based in Ann Arbor, Mich., to develop creative concepts and produce the five television and radio spots. Re:group produced the campaign's print and outdoor ads, too.
HealthPlus of Michigan is a health and wellness organization providing customized, nationally recognized health plans that meet the needs of large and small employers, and families and individuals, through a variety of programs, including Medicare Advantage and Medicaid. HealthPlus is proudly headquartered in Flint, Mich., and was formed in 1979 as a not-for-profit organization.
- Manages healthcare coverage and wellness programs for members residing in Michigan and for members of Michigan-based companies living outside the state
- Offers a statewide network of 24,000 physicians
- Delivers access to 1.6 million providers nationally
- Covers emergency care globally
- Provides access to centers of excellence, including the Cleveland Clinic and Mayo Clinic
The National Committee for Quality Assurance has ranked HealthPlus' commercial HMO among the nation's top health plans for the past seven years*; its commercial, Medicaid and Medicare HMO plans are accredited as "Excellent" by NCQA. HealthPlus has regional offices in Saginaw and Troy, Mich. healthplus.org.
*According to America's Best Health Insurance Plans (2005-2009), NCQA's Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2010-2011 –Private, NCQA's Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2011-2012 –Private and NCQA's Private Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2012-2013.
SOURCE HealthPlus of Michigan