MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Wolters Kluwer Financial Services announced today that its 16th annual CRA & Fair Lending Colloquium will be held Nov. 12 – 15 at The Westin La Cantera in San Antonio, Texas. The unique event is an opportunity for senior compliance and risk management executives at financial services organizations to discuss their most pressing consumer compliance and risk management concerns with top regulators and other industry leaders. This year’s Colloquium is scheduled to feature a number of prominent regulatory officials, bankers and other experts as speakers, including:
- Steven L. Antonakes, associate director for Supervision, Enforcement, and Fair Lending, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
- Donna J. Gambrell, director of Treasury's Community Development Financial Institutions Fund (CDFI Fund)
- Sandra Braunstein, director, Consumer and Community Affairs Division, Federal Reserve Board (FRB)
- Grovetta Gardineer, deputy comptroller for Compliance Policy at the Office of the Comptroller of Currency (OCC)
- Mark Pearce, director, Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Eric Halperin, Special Counsel for Fair Lending, Department of Justice (DOJ), Civil Rights Division
- Steven Rosenbaum, chief, Housing and Civil Enforcement, DOJ’s Civil Rights Division
- Joel Armstrong, director, Office of Systemic Investigations, Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD)
- David H. Stevens, president and CEO, Mortgage Bankers Association
- Kenneth H. Thomas, Ph.D., lecturer in Finance, The Wharton School
- Paul Sanford, acting assistant director of Large Bank Supervision, CFPB
- Patrice Ficklin, assistant director for Fair Lending, CFPB
The 2012 Colloquium will feature sessions that cover the impact of the Dodd-Frank Act and other regulatory reform and oversight trends; the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA); fair lending requirements; and other consumer compliance concerns and best practices.
In addition, scheduled speakers and panelists include regulators from the DOJ, HUD, FDIC, FRB, and OCC. They will also include bank compliance officers, an executive from the Mortgage Bankers Association, attorneys, and community activist group leaders.
“Today’s financial services environment is characterized by constant change and new and complex regulations along with tougher enforcement measures,” said Raffi Festekjian, CEO of Wolters Kluwer Financial Services’ Finance, Risk & Compliance business. “Financial institutions need to do more with less and become even more operationally efficient when it comes to compliance and risk management. The Colloquium provides them with the information and best practices they need to achieve this.”
Sponsors of this year’s Colloquium include the American Bankers Association (ABA), Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) and the Independent Community Bankers Association (ICBA).
For more information on registration, the current agenda and list of speakers, or a complimentary press pass, visit the Colloquium website at www.CRAColloquium.com
About Wolters Kluwer Financial Services
Whether complying with regulatory requirements, addressing a single key risk, or working toward a holistic risk management strategy, more than 15,000 customers worldwide count on Wolters Kluwer Financial Services for a comprehensive and dynamic view of risk management and compliance. Wolters Kluwer Financial Services provides audit, risk and compliance solutions that help financial organizations improve efficiency and effectiveness across their enterprise. With more than 30 offices in 20 countries, the company’s prominent brands include: FRSGlobal, FinArch, ARC Logics for Financial Services, Bankers Systems, VMP® Mortgage Solutions, AppOne®, GainsKeeper®, Capital Changes, NILS, AuthenticWeb™ and Uniform Forms™. Wolters Kluwer Financial Services is part of Wolters Kluwer, a leading global information services and publishing company with annual revenues of (2011) €3.4 billion ($4.7 billion) and approximately 19,000 employees worldwide. Please visit our website for more information.
Wolters Kluwer Financial Services
Jennifer Marso, 612-852-7912
Senior Director of Corporate Communications
On Twitter: @JenniferMarso
Charles Miller, 320-240-5457
Corporate Communications Manager
On Twitter: @CharlesWMiller
Source: Wolters Kluwer Financial Services