Xiphos R3 Offers Modular Design Capability for Rugged, Portable Cellular Networks
RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Oceus Networks, a proven leader in innovating mobile tactical cellular network solutions, today announced its award winning Xiphos family of Fourth Generation Long Term Evolution (4G LTE) solutions has a new rugged modular hardware design concept.
The benefits of Xiphos include:
- Supports mission critical life saving operations by providing users access to fast mobile broadband connectivity
- Superior RF output and range
- 5-7 miles range in typical tactical environment
- Up to 62 miles range for airborne deployments with clear line of sight
- Allows for better building penetration
- Assured connectivity level
- Very high data throughput and concurrent connected user capacity (1000)
- Network of Xiphos systems (NOX)
- User mobility and session handover
- Scalable increase of aggregated coverage area, data throughput and concurrent connected user sessions
- Carrier-grade features, functionality and quality
- Self-Organizing Networks (SON) features
The benefits of the new Xiphos modular design are:
- Reduced size and weight
- Increased deployment flexibility and scalability
- Enhanced ruggedization (MIL-STD 810G)
“Through working closely with our defense and national security customers, we’ve advanced the Xiphos platform to meet emerging requirements,” said Douglas C. Smith, president and CEO, Oceus Networks. “The Xiphos broadband platform fills a critical communications need for tactical military, civil infrastructure, emergency responders and others where access to fast, secure mobile connectivity can literally change lives. We’re proud to partner with them to provide the latest commercial communications capabilities sooner and at a lower cost than traditional custom-built government network solutions.”
Originally introduced in May 2011, Xiphos is a COTS-based family of field tested, proven solutions that dynamically deliver 4G broadband to enable many networked applications in demand by ‘edge’-positioned personnel, including high-definition video, massive voice and data delivery, embedded standards-based interoperable cellular functionality and other connectivity crucial to mission-critical operations. Designed to overlay existing government and enterprise networking infrastructures, Xiphos networks are made to meet emerging communications needs no matter how advanced the required capability or how isolated the surrounding terrain.
The Xiphos datasheet can be downloaded by visiting: http://oceusnetworks.com/resource-center/datasheets
To request more information about Xiphos, go to http://www.oceusnetworks.com/contact-us or call 703.234.9179 and ask to speak with a sales representative.
About Oceus Networks
Oceus Networks provides broadband solutions to governments and industry that enable delivery of high-speed voice, video and data communications. The company provides open, standards-based mobile and fixed network infrastructure, as well as an extensive portfolio of public sector-focused solutions to simplify and expedite the deployment of wired and wireless broadband communications solutions. Privately US-owned and operated, Oceus Networks’ headquarters are located in Reston, Virginia, with labs in Reston and Plano, Texas. Visit www.oceusnetworks.com to learn more.
Vice President, Marketing
Source: Oceus Networks