DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vljctn/global_woodbased) has announced the addition of the "Global Wood-Based Panels - Market Opportunity and Environment, Analyses and Forecasts to 2016" report to their offering.
The global wood-based panel market valued over US$80 billion in 2011, of which the Asia-Pacific market accounted for a 40.6% share and was the largest wood-based panel regional market. It was followed by the European and North American markets, both of which managed to retain their respective positions as the second- and third-largest markets despite the impact of the global financial crisis. Moreover, continuing market uncertainty in Europe and sluggish growth in the US is expected to reduce the market share of both markets over the forecast period, with the Asia-Pacific market expected to gain at their expense due to rapidly increasing demand from continually expanding economies such as China and India. Overall, Timetric expects the share of the European wood-based panel market to fall from 33.6% in 2011 to 28.6% in 2016, and projects that the share of the North American market will fall from 18.1% in 2011 to 14.6% in 2016.
- The global wood-based panel market valued over US$80 billion in 2011, of which the Asia-Pacific market accounted for a 40.6% share and was the largest wood-based panel regional market.
- Medium density fiberboard (MDF) is expected to record the fastest growth and outpace global market growth.
- The Asia-Pacific wood-based panels market is expected to grow faster and account for a larger market share than other regional markets by 2016.
- There will be a growing trend of forest plantation to increase sustainability of the global wood-based panel industry.
- Technology and regulations are expected to play a vital role in ensuring environmental conservation and making wood-based panels a sustainable product.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 GLOBAL WOOD-BASED PANELS MARKET ANALYSIS
4 NORTH AMERICA
7 LATIN AMERICA
8 MIDDLE EAST
9 Company Profile: Universal Forest Products Inc.
10 Company Profile: Norbord Inc.
11 Company Profile: CSR Limited
12 Company Profile: Kronospan Limited
13 Company Profile: Fletcher Building Limited
14 Company Profile: BlueLinx Holdings Inc.
15 Company Profile: Forest Enterprises Australia Ltd
16 Company Profile: Arespan Brocca S.r.l.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vljctn/global_woodbased
Source: Research and Markets