Leading Domain Marketplace Provides Sunrise and Landrush Auctions, Premium List Selection, Pricing Expertise, and Premium Sales and Auctions for New gTLD Registries
CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Sedo, the world’s largest domain marketplace and monetization provider, today announced several services for new generic Top Level Domain (gTLD) applicants, such as sunrise and landrush auctions, premium reserve list selection, and private string contention auctions, in addition to its well-known premium auction and sales services. These services are built on over a decade of experience in which Sedo has established the premium domain market, consulted with businesses on domain strategies and developed scientific expertise on domain name value.
Sedo’s marketplace connects buyers and sellers, making it simple for individuals and companies to acquire the domain names they need to make their businesses successful. With a support staff that represents 30 nationalities and speaks more than 25 languages, Sedo has the expertise, global reach and multilingual resources to be a trusted advisor and auction partner for new gTLDs, no matter the language or location.
Sedo’s experience makes it uniquely qualified to support the landmark introduction of new gTLDs into the root of the Internet. With a limited number of domain extensions currently in existence and very few introduced in recent memory, Sedo can offer a unique perspective into the factors for success.
For example, the company recently issued a report highlighting the tremendous success of the .co extension since its introduction in 2010. After only two years on the domain name market, the .co TLD has shown strong and steady growth, with 1.3 million domain names now registered by individuals and businesses across more than 200 countries. Having worked with the .co registry since the earliest stages, Sedo is in a position to apply lessons learned and best practices to the next wave of gTLD applicants.
“Sedo has done a fabulous job helping to establish and develop the secondary market for premium .co domain names,” said Lori Anne Wardi, vice president of .CO Internet S.A.S. “Given their expertise and global reach, we are confident that Sedo is the perfect partner to help us bring these valuable digital assets to end users worldwide.”
Sedo’s services for new gTLD applicants include:
- String Contention Private Auctions – Applicants in contention over specific new gTLD strings will be able to use Sedo’s private auction platform to resolve these string contentions in a fair and confidential manner. Negotiating in a private auction setting reduces the need for multiple party discussions and costly legal work and allows applicants to resolve string contentions and move forward with their business plans with clarity. Sedo’s private auction capabilities assure confidentiality and security for all parties involved.
- Premium List Identification and Pricing Assistance – Sedo’s premium list identification services are unmatched in the industry. Sedo uses more than 11 years of proprietary sales data covering all traded TLDs, as well as multiple external sources, to create a premium reserve list of domains likely to command the highest sales values. This list is created using algorithms developed exclusively for new gTLDs. In addition, new gTLD registries will receive pricing guidelines for each gTLD derived from Sedo’s leading pricing engine. Sedo will periodically review and update these pricing guidelines based on market changes.
- Sunrise, Landrush and Premium Auctions – Registries need a reputable and trusted partner during sunrise and landrush auctions. Sedo is offering a seamless and secure experience for auction participants during the launch period of any new gTLD. All auction communications are handled by Sedo, in multiple languages where necessary, to ensure maximum participation and success. Sedo has worked with leading registries and registry operators around premium auctions. With the greatest understanding of the nuances that drive domain name sales, and with services such as their industry leading bidder certification program, Sedo can ensure more successfully closed sales for new gTLD registries.
- Exclusive Premium Name Distribution in the SedoMLS Network – SedoMLS is the world’s largest domain distribution network. New gTLDs will be exposed to a global audience of millions through distribution at SedoMLS partner websites such as GoDaddy.com and 1&1.
- Premium Brokerage and Pre-Brokerage – Sedo’s brokers will help new gTLD owners make connections with the right domain buyers. With a strong history of selling premium domains, expertise in specialized lead list creation, and an extensive database of buyers and sellers, Sedo will help new gTLD registries reach buyers in the corporate ecosystem, in the startup and entrepreneur world, as well as among domain investors.
“With a variety of new gTLDs planned for release, such as .web, .music, or .green, applicants will need trustworthy, experienced partners for assistance in establishing their domains and laying the groundwork for them to become household names,” added Tobias Flaitz, Sedo’s CEO. “Sedo has a greater legacy of success and experience than any other company in the domain industry, which makes us the perfect partner for new gTLD owners looking to get ahead of the competition – competition that will be increasing with every new gTLD approved and released.”
For more information on Sedo’s gTLD services, please visit: http://sedo.com/gTLD.
Sedo, an acronym for “Search Engine for Domain Offers,” is the leading domain marketplace and monetization provider. Headquartered in Cologne, Germany and with offices in London, England and Cambridge, Mass., Sedo has assembled the world’s largest database of domain names for sale, with more than 16 million listings. The success of Sedo’s model has attracted a global base of more than 1 million members.
fama PR for Sedo
Jeff Drew, 617-986-5004