ANNAPOLIS, Md., Oct. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that its Chief Executive Officer, President and Chairman of the Board Maurice B. Tose has been re-elected to the board of directors of CTIA-The Wireless Association®. CTIA is an international nonprofit membership organization that has represented the wireless communications industry since 1984.
- Mr. Tose's third one-year term will begin January 1, 2013.
- Having also served on CTIA's Executive Committee over the past year, Mr. Tose represented the issues facing CTIA's other supplier members.
- TCS participated in the establishment of the CTIA Cyber Security Working Group, focusing on best practices and finding countermeasure solutions to known vulnerabilities.
- TCS and CTIA spearheaded efforts to ensure that 9-1-1 liability protection was included in the 2012 JOBS Act.
- CTIA members are participating in TCS' introduction of SMS to 9-1-1 to revolutionize emergency communications, especially for the deaf and hearing-impaired community.
- Maurice B. Tose, CEO, TeleCommunication Systems, said:
"CTIA is the country's leading platform for ensuring that the wireless industry's voice is heard in the halls of power and that technology innovation is fostered and protected. I am honored to continue supporting their mission as a member of the CTIA board, and look forward to addressing the many challenges facing our industry."
- Steve Largent, president and CEO, CTIA-The Wireless Association, said:
"I am pleased that Maurice has been re-elected to the CTIA Board of Directors. In the last two years, he has proven to be a valuable asset in our efforts to develop industry standards and programs that enhance public safety and cybersecurity, and to educate policymakers, consumers and businesses about how wireless technology enables greater efficiency and productivity."
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
Liolios Group, Inc.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.