Former WebMD Consumer Network Chief Launches Comprehensive Digital Resource to Help Travelers Become Smarter Travel Consumers
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Travora.com, the first consumer news and information source devoted solely to the needs of today’s travelers, launched today. Travora.com is a website and mobile resource that brings travel consumers everything from original, unbiased news and features, to weather, exchange rates, expert tips, interactive destination dashboards, as well as advice for packing, local apps to download, local sayings, entertainment, attire and even “pop-up” events. The content on Travora.com is developed by an expert editorial staff that creates original news and curates the best travel information into a single destination on the Web to empower today’s traveler.
All Travora.com content is designed to be easily viewed via desktop, tablet or mobile device, and sharable via social platforms like Google+, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
“The average travel consumer makes 22 site visits to 12 different sites before booking a trip,” says Nan-Kirsten Forte, CEO of Travora. “With over 65 percent of travel decided and booked online today, that is a tremendous amount of research and page-hopping. No one has brought all of these resources together in one place. There is an ocean of travel information out there that needs to be boiled down into snackable, smart and authoritative content. And that is why our mission at Travora is to help consumers travel smart.”
Following her success as the Consumer Network Chief for WebMD, Travora CEO, Nan-Kirsten Forte, now brings her expertise to travel to help consumers make more informed travel decisions. In her 13 years of service at WebMD, she was instrumental in growing their consumer audience from less than 1 million to over 100 million monthly unique users and a market cap that soared to more than $2 billion.
Travel news and information featured on Travora.com is reviewed by the site’s expert editorial staff, including such notable journalists as:
- Elyse Weiner, an Emmy Award-winning Network News Producer and Executive. Weiner handled Foreign News for Tom Brokaw's NBC Nightly News, produced for Peter Jennings at ABC's World News Tonight and was a News Executive at CNBC, the Business News TV Network. In 2005, Weiner launched iJourneys.com, creators of self-guided audio walking tours through the streets of Europe.
- Bryan Miller, restaurant critic for The New York Times between 1984-1994. Miller is the author of 11 books and the recipient of several James Beard Foundation honors, including its Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Monique El-Faizy, a journalist with more than 20 years' experience. El-Faizy has written for a wide variety of publications, including the Guardian, the Washington Post, the Financial Times, AOL, Huffington Post, Marie Claire, GQ, Glamour and the Moscow Guardian.
- Donna M. Airoldi, founding editor of TravelMuse. Airoldi has also worked for Nielsen Business Media and her writing has appeared in numerous print and online publications.
- Jessica Moss, former associate editor at Fodor’s Travel and reporter for Market Watch magazine.
- Joe Molimock, researcher, writer and publishing director for Let’s Go, Inc. during his Harvard College career.
- Feature content contributors to Travora.com such as Brett Snyder, author of the award-winning consumer air travel blog, The Cranky Flier and president of Cranky Concierge air travel assistance, for which he was named one of the Top Travel Specialists in 2011 by Conde Nast Traveler.
With first-class content comes first-class advertisers, and Cadillac has signed on as the premier advertiser for Travora.com. The "Cadillac ATS vs The World” campaign allows the consumer to connect with the brand through virtual adventures and uses travel as a lens to create an aspirational driving experience. Through the campaign on Travora.com, Cadillac connects with a younger, more affluent consumer who believes that travel is an intrinsic part of their lives. Interactive video placements on Travora.com feature the campaign's four destinations of China, Morocco, Monaco and Patagonia, and are designed to take users on a virtual experience in each of the exotic locales.
About Travora Media, Inc.
Travora is owned by Travora Media Inc. and is headquartered in New York City. Travora Media Inc. is a global media company that connects advertisers to more than 30 million travelers worldwide through the Travora Network (comScore). Travora owns 10Best.com, Nileguide.com, Localyte.com, TravelMuse.com and TopTrips.com. Travora Media Inc. has received funding from Rho Ventures, Village Ventures, StarVest Partners, Austin Ventures and Tenaya Capital. For more information on Travora please visit www.travora.com. For the Travora Today’s Traveler Cartoon please visit http://www.travora.com/articles/welcome-to-travora or on YouTube http://youtu.be/ip-KakeKet0.
Source: Travora Media, Inc.