NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Nintendo is making sure visitors to the New York Comic Con will have a treasure trove of fun games and activities to keep them entertained. From Oct. 11-14, fans are encouraged to visit the Nintendo booth (No. 1510) at the Javits Center to play games and enjoy giveaways such as special Paper Mario™: Sticker Star stickers (while supplies last). Fans who collect all four stickers will then be eligible to receive a special bonus sticker. The first 400 fans who collect the special fifth sticker will receive a giant sticker they can then attach to a massive, community-created Paper Mario: Sticker Star billboard. Signs at the booth will let visitors know when each sticker becomes available.
Paper Mario fans who are really into stickers can volunteer to be “sticker-bombed.” At a station outside the main entrance of the Javits Center, fans will have the opportunity to be covered in as many Paper Mario: Sticker Star stickers as possible.
A booth in the Javits Center (No. 2921) will be dedicated exclusively to tournaments featuring Nintendo 3DS™ games New Super Mario Bros.™ 2 and Kid Icarus™: Uprising. Details are as follows:
- New Super Mario Bros. 2: Throughout the day, entrants can play through different courses featured in the recently released downloadable Coin Rush mode course packs. High scores will be posted and updated throughout the day. All participants will receive a Gold Mario pin for playing (while supplies last), and the top scorer at the end of each day’s play period will receive a Nintendo 3DS XL system.
- Kid Icarus: Uprising: Throughout the day, up to six players at a time can compete in five-minute Free-For-All rounds. At the end of the qualifying period, the top 12 highest scorers of the day will compete in three rounds of Free-For-All play, and whoever has the highest combined score from those three rounds will be the day’s champion. All participants will receive a Kid Icarus: Uprising Series 2 AR Card pack (while supplies last). The top scorers from each day will receive a Kid Icarus pin. The champion from each day will win a Kid Icarus AR Card Core Set, containing more than 400 cards that have been released to date and a Nintendo 3DS XL system; each day’s second-place finisher will receive a Kid Icarus AR Card Core Set.
Visitors to the main Nintendo booth (No. 1510) will be able to sample a fun lineup of some of the best Nintendo games for the holidays, as well as the upcoming Wii U™ console. The following games will be playable:
For Wii U:
- The Wonderful 101™
- Nintendo Land™
- New Super Mario Bros.™ U
- Game & Wario™
- Pikmin™ 3
- NINJA GAIDEN™ 3: Razor’s Edge
- Scribblenauts™ Unlimited
- Rayman Legends®
- Batman: Arkham City™ Armored Edition
For Nintendo 3DS:
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star
- Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion
- Adventure Time™: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?!
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask™
- Luigi’s Mansion™: Dark Moon
- Style Savvy™: Trendsetters
- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- New Super Mario Bros. 2
For Nintendo DS™:
- Pokémon™ Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2
Nintendo is also hosting a Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 Launch Celebration one block north of the Javits Center at SIR Stage37 at 508 W. 37th St. The lounge will be free and open to the public from noon to 8 p.m. and will give visitors the chance to enjoy features like a Pokémon photo booth, a distribution station for the Mythical Pokémon Genesect™, Pokémon-themed ice sculptures, a live performance from the Chicago-based band I Fight Dragons and Pokémon giveaways (while supplies last). Visitors also can try out the new Pokédex™ 3D Pro prior to its Nov. 8 launch. A New York Comic Con badge is not required for admission to this event.
For more information about Nintendo, visit http://www.nintendo.com.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please contact Deanna Avila at 213-438-8742 or email@example.com. Users can receive instant Nintendo information by subscribing to the site’s RSS feed.