NEW YORK, Oct. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking announces today the further development of its U.S. research platform with the hires of Ken Elgarten as Head of U.S. Credit Research and Michael Suen as U.S. Equity Quantitative Strategist.
Ken Elgarten joins from Credit Suisse where he had been Head of U.S. Credit Strategy and Research since 2007. His extensive experience in credit research includes similar senior positions with UBS and Lehman Brothers.
Mr. Elgarten holds a B.A. in Economics from Dickinson College and an MBA from Columbia University, and is a CFA charterholder.
Mr. Suen joins Societe Generale from Avatar Associates where he was a Senior Vice President – Quantitative Research. He has held similar positions at ING and Invesco and has over 16 years of experience in applying quantitative research to stock selection research, macro factor research and portfolio risk management.
Mr. Suen holds a Ph.D. in Finance from Baruch College, a Master of Philosophy in Finance from the City University of New York, an MBA from City University of Hong Kong, and a B.Sc. from University of Manchester in the UK. He is also a CFA charterholder.
Both Mr. Elgarten and Mr. Suen are based in New York and report to Head of U.S. Research Stephen Gallagher.
Societe Generale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Its 160,000 employees based in 77 countries accompany more than 33 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Societe Generale teams offer advice and services to individual, corporate and institutional customers in three core businesses:
- Retail banking in France with the Societe Generale branch network, Credit du Nord and Boursorama
- International retail banking, with a presence in Central and Eastern Europe and Russia, in the Mediterranean basin, in Sub-Saharan Africa, in Asia and in the French Overseas Territories
- Corporate and investment banking with a global expertise in investment banking, financing and global markets.
Societe Generale is also a significant player in specialised financing and insurance, private banking, asset management and securities services.
Societe Generale is included in the socially-responsible investment indices: FTSE4Good and ASPI.
For more information, you can follow us on twitter @SocieteGenerale or visit our website www.societegenerale.com.
Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking
At the core of Societe Generale's universal banking business model, the Corporate & Investment Bank is a well-diversified and leading player with nearly 12,000 professionals present in 33 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia-Pacific.
Standing by its clients across sectors, the Corporate & Investment Bank tailors solutions for them by capitalising on its worldwide expertise in investment banking, global finance, and global markets.
- For Corporates, Financial Institutions and public sector: providing a global advisory approach (M&A, debt, equity transaction, capital structure, and asset & liability management), as well as quality capital raising solutions across the debt and equity spectrum, optimised financing and expert risk management responses notably in the realm of foreign exchange and rates derivatives.
- For investors: offering reliable and sound investment opportunities and risk management solutions through its integrated global markets platform delivering seamless access to markets (equity, rates, credit, currencies, commodities and derivatives), as well as advice and solid financial engineering, quality of execution and forward looking research across asset classes.
SOURCE Societe Generale