LOS ANGELES, Oct. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Registration is now available for members of the media planning to be at Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza on October 13th to cover the Endeavour Shuttle as it travels through the streets of Los Angeles on its way to the California Science Center. The shuttle will stop in front of the mall for 30 minutes at the intersection of Crenshaw Blvd. and Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., with speeches by local elected officials and a performance by Debbie Allen's Dance Academy.
Media accreditation is required for admission to the following four viewing areas. These areas will be accessible beginning at 9 a.m., in advance of the program that is expected to begin at 1 p.m.:
- Barricaded press area betweenon the bleachers and the stage on Southwest corner of Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. and Crenshaw Blvd.;
- Barricaded press area on the Northeast corner of Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. and Crenshaw Blvd.;
- Inside of the bridge spanning Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. overlooking the intersection;
- The parking lot adjacent to Crenshaw Boulevard between Walmart and One United Bank;
- The top deck of the east parking lot, adjacent to Walmart.
News media who wish to apply for media accreditation for the shuttle stop at Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza need to send a short message to Emily@sugermangroup.com with the name of the media organization represented, name, and function. You may also add any special requests, including the location(s) you would like to reserve.
All requests must be received no later than 5 p.m. PDT on Friday, October 12th.
PARKING and CHECK-IN
There will be two areas available for media parking: the east lot, adjacent to Crenshaw Blvd. between Walmart and One United Bank, and along the street west of the bridge spanning Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. All members of the media must check in at the bridge on the second floor of the mall outside of Macy's to pick up credentials before moving to viewing locations.
SOURCE Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza