2013 CES Lifestyle Keynote Speakers Include Nolan Bushnell, David Pogue and Vinton Cerf
ARLINGTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® , in partnership with Living in Digital Times, today announced the launch of CloudBase3 Apps, a new TechZone at the 2013 International CES® dedicated to the explosive transition to cloud computing. Owned and produced by CEA, the 2013 CES, the world’s largest and most important technology tradeshow, is scheduled for January 8-11, 2013, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
“Cloud computing is fueling the consumer electronics industry, and business in general, by revolutionizing the way we store and access information,” said Karen Chupka, senior vice president, events and conferences, CEA. “We are thrilled to welcome the CloudBase3 Apps TechZone and the companies exhibiting within it to the 2013 CES, and look forward to witnessing the apps and technologies on display that will facilitate our industry in migrating business to the cloud.”
The CloudBase3 Apps TechZone is designed as a showcase center for demonstrations, education and information across the cloud computing spectrum for both small and large businesses. Located at The Venetian, which will also feature several CES keynotes, Eureka Park and other cutting edge exhibits, CloudBase3 Apps will showcase solutions for businesses looking to make the leap from apps hosted remotely on browser-based platforms to cloud computing. This show floor area will be a hot spot for industry professionals, investors and media looking for resources on the cutting-edge of computing technology.
“Everyone who does business has their head in the clouds these days and the CloudBase3 Apps TechZone will help map this new landscape,” said Robin Raskin, founder, Living in Digital Times. “The brand new show floor area is the perfect way for businesses of all sizes to meet the solutions that will help them in the transition to cloud-based computing.”
In addition, Living in Digital Times will sponsor six lifestyle focused show floor exhibit areas, some of which have associated conference programming at the 2013 CES. These include:
- Kids@Play Summit: An area featuring technologies that educate and facilitate learning for the next generation of consumers, including the latest kiddie tablets, the rise of apps, e-books and more. Nolan Bushnell, Father of Digital Play and Founder of Atari, Inc. and the Chuck E. Cheese’s Pizza –Time Theaters chain, will keynote the associated Kids@Play conference. (The Venetian)
- MommyTech Summit: A showcase of products and services that reach and influence moms who love tech and have a vocal and vibrant presence in the market. The associated conference will be keynoted by David Pogue, personal-technology columnist for the New York Times. New for 2013: MommyTech FashionWare, a veritable fashion museum of high tech wearable fashion. (The Venetian)
- HigherEdTECH Summit: An area showcasing the technological breakthroughs that will alter what it means to go to college. The exhibit will also feature presentations from thought leaders who are challenging the status quo and the powerful links being forged between K-12 and higher education. (LVCC)
- Silvers Summit: An area celebrating boomers. The associated conference will be keynoted by Vinton Cerf, who is credited with creating the Internet, and who is Vice President and Chief Internet Evangelist at Google. (LVCC)
- Digital Health Summit: The fastest growing part of the digital industry aims to correct one of the biggest problems we face as a society – maintaining our health. A star-studded cast of speakers, in-depth sessions looking at entrepreneurism, mobile devices and apps, groundbreaking developments in genetics, managing and preventing illnesses, and reducing doctor and hospital visits are all part of this cutting-edge series of discussions. Last year's highlights included 850+ attendees with 60 extraordinary presentations and five keynotes. Additional conference registration fee required. (LVCC)
- FitnessTech: With sports and fitness products becoming more prominent in the consumer electronics market place, we will take a look at how the digital fitness industry has grown and what the next steps are for this booming industry. The body is the device at the center of this new world of inputs and outputs. From augmented reality devices to new exercise options, we'll take a look at what it takes to stand out in this ever expanding market. (LVCC)
The 2013 CES will feature nearly 20 additional market-specific TechZones covering product categories such as broadband services, safe driving and sustainable technologies. For more information about the 2013 CES, including exhibitor news and registration information, visit CESweb.org.
Companies interested in exhibiting in the CloudBase3 Apps TechZone should contact Linda Nessim at email@example.com for pricing and specifications.
Note to Editors: The official name of the global technology event is “International CES.” Subsequent references to the show can be shortened to “CES.” Please do not use “Consumer Electronics Show” to refer to the International CES.
About Living in Digital Times:
Living in Digital Times produces conferences and exhibits throughout the year that bring together the most knowledgeable leaders and the latest innovations that intersect technology and lifestyle. Among their many goals is to help companies understand what it means to be a consumer in today’s digital world and stay a step ahead in identifying key trends in their given marketplace. Living in Digital Times produces the following summits and exhibitions at 2013 CES: CloudBase3, Digital Health Summit, Silvers Summit, Fitness Tech Summit, HigherEd Tech Summit, Kids@Play Summit, MommyTech Summit, Mobile Apps Showdown, Last Gadget Standing Mommy Tech FashionWare Show and KAPi Awards. Go to http://livingindigitaltimes.com/ for additional information.
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the preeminent trade association promoting growth in the $206 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry. More than 2,000 companies enjoy the benefits of CEA membership, including legislative advocacy, market research, technical training and education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA also owns and produces the International CES – The Global Stage for Innovation. All profits from CES are reinvested into CEA’s industry services. Find CEA online: www.CE.org and www.DeclareInnovation.com. Follow CES at www.CESweb.org and through social media: http://facebook.com/InternationalCES, http://twitter.com/IntlCES, http://blog.ce.org/.
- CEA Industry Forum
October 14-17, 2012, San Francisco, CA
- CEA Research Summit at Industry Forum
October 17, 2012, San Francisco, CA
- CEO Summit and Board Retreat
October 17-19, 2012, Sonoma, CA
- CES Unveiled STOCKHOLM
October 29, 2012, Stockholm, Sweden
- CES New York Press Preview featuring CES Unveiled NEW YORK
November 12, 2012, New York, NY
- CES Unveiled LONDON
November 15, 2012, London, UK
- 2013 International CES
January 8-11, 2013, Las Vegas, NV
Source: Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)