LIONVILLE, Pa., Oct. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. (NYSE: WST), a global leader in innovative system and component solutions for injectable drug administration, today announced that company representatives will be speaking in several educational sessions and showcasing West's innovations at the Parenteral Drug Association's Universe of Pre-filled Syringes & Injection Devices conference in Las Vegas, October 15-17, 2012, booth #303.
Experts from West will present on a range of topics related to innovations in drug packaging and delivery systems that demonstrate West's commitment to partnering with drug makers to provide drug delivery and packaging solutions that enable safe, effective administration to patients.
West will participate in several sessions at PDA:
- New Development of Polymer Syringe (October 16, 3:30 – 4:00 p.m.): Scott Young, Senior Director, Daikyo Crystal Zenith® (CZ) Technologies, West, will present on the CZ system, filling capacity and lessons learned with Ute Schleyer, Manager, Pharmaceutical Production, Vetter Pharma-Fertigung.
- Case Studies in Pre-filled Syringe QbD (October 17, 7:20 – 7:40 a.m.): Tibor Hlobik, Director, Prefillable Syringe Technologies, West, will present on integrating Quality by Design for prefillable syringe components.
- Human Factors (October 17, 8:15 – 9:45 a.m.): Graham Reynolds, Vice President, Marketing and Innovation, West, will moderate a session on human factors in combination products.
- Case Studies in Human Factors (October 17, 7:20 – 7:40 a.m.): Chris Evans, Director of Innovation, West, will co-present with Ed Geiselhart, Director, Product Development and Planning, Insight Product Development, on developing delivery systems with the end-user and patient journey in mind.
In addition to its educational sessions, West will showcase a range of the company's innovative drug delivery system technology platforms*, including the SelfDose™, the ConfiDose®, the SmartDose® and other delivery systems that meet the dynamic needs of patients and healthcare providers for safe, effective administration. For more information on the location and timing of West's presentations at PDA, please visit the PDA event agenda online here.
West will also exhibit at the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists Annual Meeting & Exposition in Chicago, October 14-18, 2012, booth #1741. Product displays will include NovaPure® components for drug packaging and West's systems and devices for mixing, reconstituting and transferring drugs. West will present the following poster:
- Characterization of Polymer PFSA Insert Needle System: Effect of Product Fill Volume and Solution Viscosity on CCI, BLE and Residual Volume (October 16, 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.): Lloyd Waxman, Principal Scientist, West Analytical Laboratories.
"This is an exciting time for the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, with increasing development of biologics, more generics coming on the market and growing global demand for innovative drug delivery technology," said Dr. Mike Schafers, Vice President, Global Marketing, Pharmaceutical Packaging Systems, West. "Drug manufacturers are looking for solutions to bring drug products from concept to the patient more efficiently, reliably and safely. West is working side-by-side with drug manufacturers on innovative drug delivery solutions as a key part of providing patients and healthcare professionals with the best therapies possible."
West works side-by-side with its healthcare partners from concept to the patient, designing and manufacturing packaging, diagnostic and delivery systems that promote the efficiency, reliability and safety of their products. Every day, West is leading the way with cutting-edge technologies and quality systems, a thorough understanding of global regulatory compliance, and an unmatched and growing knowledge base of relevant pharmaceutical product testing, development and packaging. Based in Lionville, Pa., West supports its customers from sales, manufacturing, customer support and research and development locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Established in 1923, West's 2011 sales were $1.2 billion, reflecting daily use of approximately 100 million of its components and devices.
SelfDose™, ConfiDose® and SmartDose® and NovaPure® are trademarks or registered trademarks of West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
Daikyo Crystal Zenith® is a registered trademark of Daikyo Seiko, Ltd.
Daikyo Crystal Zenith technology is licensed from Daikyo Seiko, Ltd.
*For investigational use only by our pharmaceutical and biotechnology development partners.
West markets the SmartDose, ConfiDose and SelfDose as integrated systems with drug filling and final assembly completed by the pharmaceutical company.
Michael A. Anderson
Vice President and Treasurer
SOURCE West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.