OCEANPORT, N.J., Oct. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) -- New dynamics in cloud computing and virtualization are driving a data explosion and an ever-increasing need to create agile, scalable IT infrastructures that offer shared resources in the data center and beyond. In an effort to help organizations quickly scale and manage the dynamic needs of business-critical applications, CommVault today announced that its Simpana® 9 data and information management platform is fully integrated with Microsoft Corp.'s Cloud OS, including Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V and Windows Azure.
With more than a decade of alliance and interoperability with Microsoft's server platforms, CommVault Simpana software enables easy migration to Windows Server 2012 and takes advantage of the latest innovations in data protection and automation to deliver high performance, reliable applications and services across private, hosted and public clouds.
Windows Server 2012 and Windows Azure Cloud with CommVault Simpana 9 Interoperability
- Perform live migration of VMs across the data center or between the data center and the Windows Azure cloud by utilizing the VM backup and restore features of Simpana software and its immediate support for Windows Server 2012.
- Simpana software users can use the Windows Azure cloud as a retention tier and alternative to tape-based backup by seamlessly migrating archive data to the cloud for cost-effective, secure long-term storage.
- CommVault is committed to helping joint customers increase the business value of information through unprecedented data and information management scale, performance, cost savings and access across the full range of Microsoft environments, including Microsoft SharePoint, Exchange, SQL Server and Windows Server Hyper-V virtualization — both on-premise and in the Windows Azure cloud.
- Microsoft currently sells Windows Azure cloud data management solutions including Simpana software. These pre-configured cloud bundles include up to 62TB of Windows Azure cloud storage capacity and Simpana 9 Express Software to deliver archiving and backup capabilities for enterprises coping with massive amounts of data and long-term retention and compliance requirements.
- As a worldwide Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) partner, CommVault offers technical support, demonstrations and trials working alongside some of Microsoft's best technical personnel for those that want to test and see Simpana software in action.
- CommVault and Microsoft will be demonstrating how Simpana software makes upgrading to Windows Server 2012, migrating to Windows Server Hyper-V virtualization and integrating with the Windows Azure cloud easy and trouble-free during the Cloud OS Signature Event Series and at the upcoming Microsoft SharePoint Conference 2012, November 12 – 15, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
"With Windows Server 2012 and Windows Azure as cornerstones of Microsoft's Cloud OS, customers gain the scalability and flexibility to take advantage of resources on premises and in the cloud," said Mike Schutz, general manager, product marketing, Server and Tools Business, at Microsoft. "Microsoft and CommVault help IT organizations create agile, scalable infrastructures through such capabilities as VM mobility, cloud integration and heterogeneous storage management."
"Our customers are aggressively adopting virtualization technologies to take advantage of the performance, functionality and lower costs inherent to platforms like Windows Server Hyper-V," said Randy De Meno, chief technologist for Windows Products, CommVault. "CommVault customers can deploy and migrate to Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V and Windows Azure with confidence, knowing that Simpana software offers fully integrated enterprise data protection across Microsoft's application, server and cloud platforms."
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 software
- More on CommVault and Microsoft
- Randy De Meno's Microsoft blog
- VIDEO: Always Up and Always On: Windows Server 2012 and Azure Cloud OS Platform
- More CommVault news
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
- Follow CommVault on Facebook
- Watch CommVault videos on YouTube
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2012CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, IntelliSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.