BRIDGEPORT, Conn., Oct. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Centerplate, event hospitality partner to North America's premier sports stadiums, convention centers and entertainment venues, is bringing the local flavors and favorites of Southwest Connecticut to Webster Bank Arena in time for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers home opener. In partnership with eight local vendors and restaurants, Centerplate is thrilled to provide a true taste of New England's cuisine to fans and guests, while also creating exciting new possibilities for the Bridgeport economy.
As hospitality partner to the Webster Bank Arena and the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, Centerplate has created innovative new business opportunities for several local restaurants partners including:
- Westport Seafood Company, which is supplying fresh shrimp, clams, and scallops for the arena's New England Seafood Platter and Shrimp Cocktail.
- Bridgeport-based Melt Market is providing cheese for the arena's "Wine Lovers Cheese Tray" and the Antipasto Platter.
- Fairfield-based Wilson's Barbeque will prepare barbeque sandwiches and barbeque sliders.
- Southern Connecticut's Longhini Sausage, will supply their famous links for the Italian Sausage tray with peppers and onions.
- Norwalk based Tim's Philly Cheesesteak is preparing their Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches and sliders.
- Southport's own Sweet & Simple will make their delectable cookies, brownies and cupcakes.
- Fairfield based Wild Rice will contribute to the arena's Sushi offerings.
- Norwalk based Michelle's Pies will treat fans to their custom-baked creations.
"We know that the Webster Bank Arena is a huge part of the local community here in Bridgeport, and our goal is to provide our guests and fans with a true local experience, while also providing opportunities to local businesses," says Linda Stringham, Centerplate's General Manager at Webster Bank Arena.
Centerplate crafts and delivers "Craveable Experiences. Raveable Results." in over 250 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America – annually serving over 100 million guests. Centerplate has provided event hospitality services to 15 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 13 Super Bowls, 20 World Series, the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, and the largest plated dinner in history at the Alpha Kappa Alpha Centennial Celebration. Last year, the company was named the fastest growing restaurant/ hospitality group in the country by Nation's Restaurant News. Visit the company online at www.centerplate.com