DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/v79wfj/battle_for) has announced the addition of Javelin Strategy & Research's new report "Battle For Control Of The Mobile Wallet: Sorting Out Players,Technologies and Strategies to Win" to their offering.
Mobile payments and purchasing at the physical point-of-sale have experienced little adoption in the U.S. marketplace despite abounding innovation in mobile and payments technologies. Control over the consumer's preferred mobile wallet will be critical to the new business models that will develop in this ecosystem and the tremendous wealth that will accrue to the winners.
The battle for control of the wallet is in its initial stages, with many players just entering the field, jostling to grab early market leadership, and changing alliances and positions rapidly. A successful wallet will have to find a winning proposition for consumers, merchants, mobile network operators and financial institutions. This report will provide an update on how products have moved, where we can expect these products to be in the future, which primary technologies are being used at the POS (NFC, cloud, and bar code), and how wallets can maximize adoption.
Highly innovative but new vendors to the payments space, such as Google, the mobile network operators (the Isis partners in particular), Square, and Apple will need to position and partner differently than incumbent companies, such as Visa, MasterCard, card issuers, and alternative providers like PayPal. This report will also address consumer perception of different providers and why Visa and PayPal lead as preferred consumer wallet providers.
- What is a digital wallet, and why is it important?
- What are the differences among NFC, cloud, and bar code mobile wallets, and what are their advantages and disadvantages?
- Who are the major competitors in the mobile wallets space, and how are they different?
- How are incumbent payments competitors transitioning into the mobile wallet space?
- Who are new entrants in payments , and what are their advantages and disadvantages?
- Which mobile wallets do consumers prefer?
- Which consumer segments should wallet providers target?
- American Express
- Merchant Customer Exchange
- Wells Fargo
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/v79wfj/battle_for
Source: Javelin Strategy & Research
Source: Research and Markets