DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sxjpdb/innovations_in) has announced the addition of the "Innovations in Food and Drink Flavors" report to their offering.
Flavor innovation stands at the heart of new product development in the food and drinks industry. This report evaluates current and future flavor trends in food and drinks with a focus on flavor innovation through cross-category flavor migration.
Despite the significance of key consumer trends such as health and convenience, taste remains the dominant influence on consumer choice. Flavor innovation is integral to new product development and cross-category migration represents a proven method of inspiration. This report provides a review of the most interesting flavor developments in food and drinks and highlights areas of opportunity.
- Identify the top, fastest-growing, and new flavors in the major food and drink categories.
- Use highlighted examples to discover the potential of flavor migration. Understand what works and what doesn't.
- Analyze current flavor trends and evaluate future opportunities.
- Learn how cross-category flavor migration is linked with strategic marketing options.
- Examine the creative processes that can help with development of new products with innovative flavors.
- New bakery and cereal flavors include new savory sources such as Sea Salt and Seaweed, as well as the confectionery flavors, Nougat and Marshmallow. Red and berry fruits (Plum, Forest Fruit, and Red Fruit) also appear as new flavors in this category. The sweet and savory mix of new flavors in this category is interesting.
- It is interesting to note that popular, traditional flavors are evolving courtesy of their development and description in terms of their authenticity, provenance, and specificity. Some recent product launches feature varietal flavors of strawberry such as Senga, or Wild Strawberry.
- Almonds have traditionally been seen as a specialist nut for confectionery, snacking and baking, but more recently they are appearing in a range of categories, having been successfully promoted by growers and manufacturers. In the decade up to 2011, North American per capita consumption of California Almonds grew 71%.
Reasons to Purchase
- What are the most common flavors in new food and drink products? Which flavors are new and original and which are the fastest-growing?
- Why does cross-category flavor migration happen, how does it work, and what are the major flavor movements at the moment?
- What are the marketing strategies that leverage cross-category flavor transfer?
- What sort of opportunities are there for new products with cross-category flavors?
- How can the creative process be applied to develop new products with innovative flavors?
Key Topics Covered:
- About the author
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- New and emerging flavors
- Cross-category migration flavor trends and innovations
- Creating the products and flavors of the future
- Admiral Group plc
- Amer Sports Corporation
- Diageo plc
- Hutchison 3G UK Limited
- IntercontinentalExchange Inc
- J Sainsbury plc
- Metro AG
- Nestlé SA
- South African Airways
- Unilever UK Foods Ltd.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sxjpdb/innovations_in
Source: Research and Markets