DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/68m4cz/retail_audit_milk) has announced the addition of the "Retail Audit Milk Report Q1 Year 2012" report to their offering.
The Dairy industry in Kenya was liberalized in 1992 which allowed the private sector to participate in milk processing. This saw the entrance of a number of private milk processors and also the advent and growth of the informal sector. Today the country has over 200 licensed milk processing corporates running slightly over 600 brands and SKUs thus competing for the same market. It is ironical that this apparent crowded field cannot hitherto satisfy the demands for milk consumption by Kenyans whose actual consumption currently is far below the global standard. It is against this background that milk processors are severely competing to take up this challenge by either increasing their infrastructural capacity or understanding the needs of the market for better service delivery. Retail Audit study may not answer the qualitative aspect of the market but certainly tracks the performance of sales and advises accordingly the presence of gaps and how to fill them in order to gain competitive edge.
The report covers three months; Jan-12, Feb-12, Mar-12 (Q1) of the year 2012. It gives the background of processed milk in Kenya, definition of retail audit, objectives and goal of the study. It also details the benefit of the study, its potential scope, geographic coverage, Limitation of the study, the sample size and outlet type coverage. Finally it gives out the methodology, the main findings and eventually summarizes with conclusions.
STUDY OBJECTIVES & GOALS:
- To investigate the state of markets and the dynamics involved in order to maximize opportunities
- To monitor and evaluate the performance of brand vis-a-vis competition in order to gain competitive advantage.
- To understand the trends in the industry and be able to effectively manage any seasonal, cyclical or outright disturbance (unforeseen occurrences) in the market.
- To identify the principal movers of the category/brand both in terms of outlet types and geographic regions. This helps to evaluate and review customer relationship strategies.
- To monitor and evaluate the performance of sales force.
- Understand the industry trends in general and particular companies.
- The Client is able to measure current sales and relative market shares, distribution strengths and weaknesses.
- Retail Tracking informs the client of existing different brand mixes (variants & features), product line length (different brands in the line for each company), and any new entrant and their relative performance in the market
- Retail Audit study provides a platform where the client can benefit from 75 types of demand measurement depending on the scope of geographical spread as shown in the report.
- Brookside Dairy
- New Co-operatives Creameries (NKCC)
- Githunguri Dairy
- Buzeki Dairy
- Sameer Dairy
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/68m4cz/retail_audit_milk
Source: Research and Markets