DALLAS, Oct. 15, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- At Policy Store, our number one goal is save our clients and friends money! We take pride in providing our customers with the top Medicare insurance plans and benefits that will save you time, energy and most importantly, money.
Foremost, before even picking a Medicare Supplement plan, it is imperative to have an understanding of basic Medicare insurance. Medicare is basic health insurance for: People 65 years or older, People under the age of 65 with certain disabilities, or people of any age with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). There are four major parts of Medicare: Medicare Part A, Medicare Part B, Medicare Part C, and Medicare Part D.
Medicare Part A-Medicare Part A is your basic hospital insurance. With Part A, you are covered for: inpatient care in hospitals, inpatient care in a skilled nursing facilities, hospice care services, home health care services, and inpatient care in Religious Nonmedical Health Care Institutions. And fortunately enough, you usually do not have to pay a monthly premium for Part A (premium-free Part A) if you or your spouse paid Medicare taxes while working. If not, you may have to pay a monthly premium.
Medicare Part B-Medicare Part B, which is your basic Medical Insurance, helps cover medically necessary doctor' services, outpatient care, home health services, durable medical equipment, preventive services, as well as various other medical services. With Medicare Part B, you must pay the Part B premium each month. The standard premium amount for the year of 2012 is currently $99.00.
If you are enrolled with Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B, which is traditional Medicare coverage (most people are automatically enrolled in traditional Medicare upon reaching the age of 65), you will find that certain services are not covered under these plans. Services like: routine dental or eye care, dentures, cosmetic surgeries, acupuncture treatment, and hearing aids and fitting exams. You will Also find that you are not 100% covered. In fact, for Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B, you will only be 80% covered for each, leaving you responsible to pay the remaining 20%.
Medicare Part C-Medicare Part C, also know as a Medicare Advantage Plan, are offered by private companies approved by Medicare (HMO or PPO). The plan is usually a combination of Medicare Part A, B, and usually D. In many cases, Medicare Advantage Plans may offer extra coverage for: Vision, hearing, dental, or even health and wellness programs. Once enrolled, you have to pay a monthly premium in addition to your Part B premium as well as a copayment/coinsurance for covered services. Tip: Use the doctors, hospitals, and other providers listed on your plan or you will have to pay more if not ALL of the costs.
Medicare Part D-Medicare Part D is your Medicare prescription drug coverage. Like Medicare Part C, this plan is also offered by Medicare-approved private insurance companies. Medicare Part D will help cover the cost of your current prescription drugs and may even help lowering the amount that you currently play. Also, Medicare Part D helps protect you against higher prescription drug costs in the future.
Medicare Supplemental- After getting a better understanding of what each Medicare Plan offers, many seniors consider enrolling in a Medicare Supplemental insurance plan. This is because Medicare Supplement Plans, or Medigap Plans, cover the "gaps" in traditional Medicare coverage. If you are enrolled in a Medicare Supplemental Plan, you will be 100% covered unlike in Medicare Part A and B where you are only 80% covered. These plans are offered by Medicare-approved private insurance companies and the costs usually varied by the policy and company.
Keep in mind that before choosing any Medicare plan, you must research. Researching will allow you to find the best Medicare plan to fit all of your insurance 'wants' and 'needs'.
"Every day is a great day, it's our POLICY make it yours"-Policystore.com
Contact: Jeff Cline
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com