CHELMSFORD, Mass., Oct. 16, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kewill Inc. a leading provider of shipping solutions that streamline global trade and logistics, today announced that Garmin, the global leader in satellite navigation, has selected Kewill's Universal Carrier Module (UCM) to support its growing operations in Australasia. UCM, which integrates seamlessly into Kewill's market-leading multi-carrier shipping software, Flagship™ enables customers to onboard their choice of parcel or freight carrier services and related compliance with their own business analysts as their needs evolve.
- Garmin, an existing Kewill Flagship customer, wished to have the ability to onboard carriers for their growing Australasia business without an ongoing dependency to maintain compliance or the need for a separate, standalone system to support local shipping carriers.
- UCM-enabled Kewill Flagship Integrates with Oracle eBS [and OTM] to support Garmin's unified supply chain from order to shipping execution.
- Kewill's Universal Carrier Module is designed to permit customers to build their own carrier service support and compliance within the Kewill framework, using business-analyst level staff. This capability permits companies like Garmin to determine for themselves what shipping services are most strategic for them in any region of the world without worrying about vendor support for those services.
- "Kewill's Universal Carrier Module afforded us the opportunity to integrate our regional carrier into an Australasia Kewill Flagship implementation," said Dan Kogan, manager of special projects – distribution at Garmin. "We were already leveraging Kewill Flagship in our US and UK distribution center footprint and are pleased to extend this leading platform globally."
- "We are delighted that Garmin has decided to expand their Kewill footprint with our Universal Carrier Module," said Alan Gold, vice president of marketing and business development for Kewill Inc. "We designed UCM with companies like Garmin in mind: growing, global companies who have a clear strategic view of their supply chain and who demand tools that enable them to execute on their plans. We look forward to our continued partnership with Garmin, helping them find new ways to expand service and improve efficiency."
The global leader in satellite navigation, Garmin Ltd. and its subsidiaries have designed, manufactured, marketed and sold navigation, communication and information devices and applications since 1989 – most of which are enabled by GPS technology. Garmin's products serve automotive, mobile, wireless, outdoor recreation, marine, aviation, and OEM applications. Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit Garmin's virtual pressroom at www.garmin.com/pressroom or contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200.
About Kewill Ltd.
Kewill is a leading provider of technology solutions that enable Logistics Service Providers and Shippers to move goods domestically and across international and global borders. Our products empower companies to connect and optimise the performance of their local, international and global transport and logistics operations. Kewill delivers world-class software in the areas of freight forwarding, customs and export compliance, parcel shipping, transportation & warehousing, eCommerce and B2B integration. Our customers rely on our innovative software and extensive domain knowledge to improve their business processes, information exchange and management visibility to drive revenue growth, deliver cost savings, improve profitability and meet the changing needs of their customers.
Established in 1972, Kewill has over 7,000 customers around the world including FedEx, Ford, Nestlé, Nike, Palm, Procter & Gamble, Parker Hannifin, Overstock.com, GE Healthcare Bayer, Black & Decker, DHL, Hankyu Hanshin, Hitachi, Ingersoll Rand, Mothercare, UPS, Scott's & Co. and TNT.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
The following files are available for download:
|wkr0006.pdf||Kewill Garmin Press Release|