Advances Announced Across Portfolio of Descartes Products
FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla., Nov. 15, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Descartes Systems Group (Nasdaq:DSGX) (TSX:DSG), the global leader in uniting logistics-intensive businesses in commerce, unveiled key product advances at its Evolution 2012 Global User and Partner Conference that are designed to help Descartes' customers improve their productivity and performance. The advances announced enhance Descartes' Routing, Mobile & Telematics, Transportation Management, Global Logistics Network services, Customs' & Regulatory Compliance and Broker & Forwarder Enterprise systems.
"These key product advances are a direct result of our close work with our customers and the innovation of our product development organization," said Ken Wood, Senior Vice President Product Strategy at Descartes. "We continue to exploit the convergence of technology markets to integrate software, hardware and networks to create new solutions and significantly enhance our existing ones."
Some of the advances presented at the conference include:
Routing, Mobile & Telematics
- Descartes Telematics & Compliance: Certification for US FMCSA 395.15 Hours of Service (HOS);
- Descartes GIS: A new geographic information systems (GIS) technology platform for Descartes Routing, Mobile and Telematics customers that supports commercial and hazardous road restrictions, enables use of map technology from Google, Bing and Yahoo and supports commercial and hazardous road restrictions;
- Descartes Mobile for Android: International support (e.g., multi-language) and field data capture for customer-specific data collection requirements; and
- Descartes Public Transit: A new public transit solution that features advanced telematics and notification systems to manage public bus routes, improve vehicle safety and help provide riders with the most up-to-date schedules possible.
- Fleet and For-Hire Vendor Allowance Planning: Profit-based optimization that provides dynamic evaluation of supplier transportation allowances versus fleet pick-up costs to help reduce transportation costs and maximize fleet utilization;
- Integrated Transport Planning and Small Package Execution: Transportation functionality that extends beyond simple small package carrier selection and includes detailed rating and manifesting for high volume shippers; and
- Automated Export System (AES) Small Package Shipping Integration: U.S. exporters using Descartes' solution for small package shipments can automatically file with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) AES as part of their shipping process.
Global Logistics Network Services
- Descartes Standard Messaging Formats (SMFs): 25 formats for air, ocean and customs filing messages made public for use, free of charge, to those wishing to connect to Descartes' Global Logistics Network (GLN);
- Descartes eCatalog: A GS1 product catalogue compliance management solution for retail suppliers in the Netherlands and Belgium;
- Descartes GS1 Message Validation: Services the help retail suppliers in the Netherlands validate data that is uploaded to the GS1 global data pool;
- Descartes Cargo XML: Support for IATA-standard Cargo XML and a translation service for customers still using the Cargo IMP standard; and
- Descartes Call-Out Service: An automated service that allows Descartes customers to send delivery status messages via voice, text and email to their customers.
Customs & Regulatory Compliance
- Security Filing Extensions: Security filing capability added for Mexico, Poland, Czech Republic and Luxembourg;
- Advance Commercial Information (ACI) for Carriers: Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) compliant northbound security filing solution for over-the-road carriers;
- Ocean Automated Commercial Environment (ACE): US CBP M1 compliant advanced manifest filing solution for ocean carriers and non-vessel operating common carriers (NVOCCs); and
- Denied Party Screening (DPS) and Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCNs): Integration of DPS and ECCN checks into the Descartes Customs & Regulatory Compliance suite.
Broker/Forwarder Back Office Systems
- Distribution Center (DC) Bypass: A solution that allows forwarders or importers to work with their overseas manufacturers and logistics services providers to provide purchase order, shipping information and storeready labelling, enabling forwarders or importers to ship products directly from the deconsolidation point;
- Integrated Canadian Broker & Forwarder Solution: Integration of Descartes' ITMR4 system with Descartes' ForwarderLogic system for a more comprehensive solution for Canadian brokers and forwarders;
- Descartes IES Enterprise Applications: Support for Microsoft SQL Server for enhanced scalability and the ability to take advantage of Microsoft's native database management solutions;
- Descartes Ocean Ratebuilder Quick Search: Fast rate search and creation of quotes across all "buy" contracts for improved profitability;
- Descartes Ocean Ratebuilder Request for Proposal (RFP) Management: Support for the creation of large RFP responses considering "buy" rates and optimized for profitability; and
- GF-X Interline: Support for forwarders to book multi-leg air shipments across affiliated carriers.
Descartes also introduced Descartes' OneView, a web-based graphical reporting and analysis tool designed to be application independent. In addition, Descartes OneView provides mobile dashboard support for Android and iPhone mobile phone users.
For more information on the enhancements and innovations unveiled at Evolution 2012 please go to www.descartes.com.
Descartes (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX) is a global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. Descartes' B2B network, the Global Logistics Network, integrates more than 35,000 trading partners to our cloud-based Logistics Technology Platform to unite their businesses in commerce. Customers use our modular, software-as-a-service solutions to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world's largest, collaborative multi-modal logistics community. Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
The Descartes Systems Group logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=4065
This release contains forward-looking information within the meaning of applicable securities laws ("forward-looking statements") that relate to Descartes' solution offering and potential benefits derived therefrom; and other matters. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from the anticipated results, performance or achievements or developments expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors include, but are not limited to, the factors and assumptions discussed in the section entitled, "Certain Factors That May Affect Future Results" in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Ontario Securities Commission and other securities commissions across Canada. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance upon any such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date made. We do not undertake or accept any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statements to reflect any change in our expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based.
CONTACT: Media Contact Mavi Silveira +1(800) 419-8495 ext. 202416 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:Descartes Systems Group