NOVATO, CALIF., Nov. 26, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- IMSI®/Design, a pioneer in mobile solutions for AEC and the global leader in retail CAD, today announced TurboAU™, a free mobile app that makes documenting exhibits and conference sessions at Autodesk University 2012 as easy as carrying an iPad.
Based on IMSI/Design's revolutionary new TurboSite, a mobile app designed for documenting fieldwork and job-site observations, free TurboAU contains Mandalay Bay exhibit hall floorplans as well as Autodesk University 2012 schedules, courses, and speakers, keeping attendees organized even if there is no Internet connection.
"I've attended Autodesk University about a dozen times and I can't wait to use TurboAU to help document my time at this year's conference," said Doug Cochran, CTO of IMSI/Design. "This is the ultimate AU mobile app."
Attendees can add their own GeoMark™ to AU materials. Using the iPad's build-in camera and microphone, attendees can document important findings by taking photos, videos, and dictation. Inserted GeoMarks are correctly positioned geographically on the materials, even correct orientation is denoted.
Showgoers can also take GeoWalk™ out for a spin. GeoWalk™ will track an attendee's location within Mandalay Bay -- with or without connectivity to the Internet, satellites, or cell towers. GeoNudge™ even allows for pinpointing of exact location.
Attendees can even share all of their findings with colleagues that couldn't attend via IMSI/Design's free TurboSite Reader app. Whether it's using front and rear cameras, voice recorders, accelerometers, gyros, compass, GPS, multi-touch, etc., showgoers will be able to use the full power of the TurboSite app with free TurboAU and the included Autodesk University 2012 materials.
To learn more about TurboApps mobile products, please visit IMSI/Design at booth #1205 or online at http://www.TurboApps.com.
Free TurboAU feature set includes:
Real-Time Position Tracking
- GeoWalk™ : Anytime Anywhere positioning, even when GPS or A-GPS is not available or a document is not geolocated
- GPS: Full support for satellite GPS, A-GPS, WPS, etc.
- SPS™: Sensor Positioning System, uses built-in sensors, including accelerometers, gyros, and compass, to determine position and orientation
- GeoNudge™: Allows you to dramatically increase the positional accuracy by moving position indicator to exact location
- GeoMark™: Intelligent markers and links that are auto-located and oriented
- A layer is automatically created containing GeoMarks and markups so original file is protected and undisturbed
- Content types include: Photos, video, audio/dictation, text, CAD drawing data
- GeoMark Manager allows you to create, name, edit, delete, view and organize content for optimal reporting
- Redmark tools
- Inquiry tools
- Layer Manager
- Layout support
- Create screen shots of drawings and markups
Unique 3D Features
- Support for 3D PDF (U3D)
- Unique "always facing" text and dimensions that always face current view in 3D
- Lightning-fast 2D and 3D environment
- A variety of visual styles include: Wireframe, hidden line, shaded, gray scale, and more
- Isometric view
- Custom perspective camera lens view
- AutoCAD® SHX font support
- TrueType font support
- Supports AutoCAD linetypes
File Sharing and Interoperability
- File Management: Create sub-folders, cut/copy/paste/rename files and folders
- TAP (TurboApps) file format consolidates disparate file types and assembles into a single, highly-portable file to ease distribution, sharing, and archiving
- Quickly email marked-up files
- Native support for DWG, DXF, PDF, and 3D PDF (U3D)
Availability and Pricing
TurboAU and TurboSite Reader for iPad are free. TurboAU is based on TurboSite, which has a limited time introductory price of $499 (regularly $999). For more information, please visit www.TurboApps.com.
IMSI/Design is a pioneer in mobile solutions for the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry and the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design). With over 16 million products distributed since 1988, IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD®, TurboViewer®, TurboReview®, TurboSite™, and TurboFloorPlan™ families of precision design applications for mobile and desktop. Please visit www.IMSIdesign.com for more information.
pr (at) imsidesign.com
© 2012 IMSI/Design, LLC. All rights reserved. IMSI, TurboSite, GeoWalk, GeoNudge, SPS, GeoMark, TurboApps, and TurboCAD are trademarks of IMSI/Design, LLC. Apple, iPad, iPhone, and App Store are trademarks of Apple. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. DWG, AutoCAD, and AutoCAD LT are trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other identifiable marks are the property of their respective owners.
A photo accompanying this release is available at: http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=15924
The IMSI/Design logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=15468
CONTACT:CONTACT: IMSI/Design Pam Volpe 415.483.8025 email@example.com
Source: IMSI Design