LOUISVILLE, Ky., Nov. 27, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Spartan Chassis, a subsidiary of Spartan Motors, Inc. (Nasdaq:SPAR), made a series of announcements at the RVIA National RV Trade Show in Louisville, KY which highlight recent progress and define the Company's strategic intent. With over $8 Billion in annual revenue, the North American RV industry represents a core market with strong growth opportunity for Spartan Motors, Inc. and a strategic reset for Spartan Chassis.
- High Output/Performance Front Engine Concept Chassis: Code named the Extol and powered by an 8.8 Liter gas engine that offers 430 HP and 512 lb.-ft. of torque (@3400 RPM). This Spartan-branded engine offers a sizable performance improvement over current Class A gas offerings in the market today. This brand extension is uniquely positioned to target the growth segments in the Class A market.
- High Performance / Low Cost Concept Chassis: Code named the Revel, this Class A body-on-frame design utilizes a low cab forward chassis architecture and enables the RV OEMs to realize up to 13% of additional living space. Powered by a 6.0 Liter gas engine with an established performance record, and an optional Allison 1000 series transmission, this brand extension can re-establish the value equation at the low end of the Class A market.
- Redefining Next Generation Ride and Handing: A new Compression Fluid Strut (CFS) that offers reduced response time and greater damping power than a hydro pneumatic system. Spartan is exploring this as an option on all Spartan Chassis.
"The journey or getting there is just as important as being there," said Tom Gorman, Chief Operating Officer, Spartan Motors. "Spartan has been known for over three decades as the industry-leader for ride and handling and we just got even better."
Customer "First" Care
Spartan has always led the industry with after-the-sale support and will continue to prioritize the treatment of its customers
- Customer support: The Company's service network continues to expand. Delivery of superior after-the-sale service is provided by over 585 authorized Spartan service providers.
- Customer service: the best Roadside Assistance program provided in partnership with Good Sam and their network of over 40,000 mobile service providers
- The established Spartan Chassis customer base continues to drive the strategic focus of the RV business unit.
- Featuring the frame: As the RV Class A Diesel Chassis manufacturer with the most comprehensive warranty coverage available, Spartan will visually enhance this feature by painting every chassis with the bright "Spartan" red
- Every Spartan customer matters: Effective January, 7 2013, Spartan will once again provide his and hers Spartan leather jackets to all new owners that buy a new coach from one of our RV OEM partners
About Spartan Chassis, Inc.
Spartan Chassis, Inc. is a world-class leader in the engineering, manufacturing and marketing of chassis and aftermarket parts for emergency-response, recreational vehicle (RV), defense and specialty vehicles. End users recognize and request the Spartan Chassis brand, which consistently delivers superior performance, exceptional safety ratings and innovations which distinguish us from the competition. Visit Spartan Chassis at spartanchassis.com.
About Spartan Motors
Spartan Motors, Inc. designs, engineers and manufactures specialty chassis, specialty vehicles, truck bodies and aftermarket parts for the recreational vehicle, emergency response, government services, defense, and delivery and service markets. The company's brand names - Spartan™, Spartan ERV™ and Utilimaster® - are known for quality, performance, service and first-to-market innovation. The company employs approximately 1,700 associates at facilities in Michigan, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Indiana, Florida and Texas. Spartan reported sales of $426 million in 2011 and is focused on becoming a global leader in the design, engineering and manufacture of specialty vehicles and chassis. Visit Spartan Motors at www.spartanmotors.com.
This release contains several forward-looking statements that are not historical facts, including statements concerning our business, strategic position, financial strength, future plans, objectives, and the performance of our products. These statements can be identified by words such as "believe," "expect," "intend," "potential," "future," "may," "will," "should," and similar expressions regarding future expectations. These forward-looking statements involve various known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and assumptions that are difficult to predict with regard to timing, extent, and likelihood. Therefore, actual performance and results may materially differ from what may be expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements. Factors that could contribute to these differences include operational and other complications that may arise affecting the implementation of our plans and business objectives; continued pressures caused by economic conditions and the pace and extent of the economic recovery; challenges that may arise in connection with the integration of new businesses or assets we acquire or the disposition of assets; issues unique to government contracting, such as competitive bidding processes, qualification requirements, and delays or changes in funding; disruptions within our dealer network; changes in our relationships with major customers, suppliers, or other business partners, including Isuzu; changes in the demand or supply of products within our markets or raw materials needed to manufacture those products; and changes in laws and regulations affecting our business. Other factors that could affect outcomes are set forth in our Annual Report on Form 10-K and other filings we make with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), which are available at www.sec.gov or our website. All forward-looking statements in this release are qualified by this paragraph. Investors should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements as a prediction of actual results. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements in this release, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
CONTACT: Russell T. Chick Corporate Director of Marketing Spartan Motors, Inc. 517.997.3852 or Russell.firstname.lastname@example.orgSource:Spartan Motors, Inc.