SEATTLE, Nov. 27, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Onehub, a leading provider of file sharing and content management software for businesses, today announced the availability of its new Android application in the Google Play store. This free application enables Android users to quickly and securely access and work with their content while on the go.
"Our customers have increasing mobile needs and are dealing with a wide range of BYOD devices," said Charles Mount, CEO of Onehub. "Our new Android app allows them to provide secure file sharing and collaboration to their employees on one of the leading mobile operating systems."
With Onehub for Android, users can:
- View, browse and access secure Workspaces from anywhere
- Download and view files directly on your Android device -- including images, video, PDF and Microsoft® Office formats
- Open files in other apps installed on your Android device
Android, according to a recent Gartner report, has reached 72.4% of worldwide, smartphone market share making it a dominant influence in the increasing trend of employees using personal devices for business (BYOD). With applications for both iPhone and Android operating systems, Onehub now supports the most popular devices in use today.
Onehub for Android provides users with the confidence to securely access content through robust:
- Object-level security and role-based permissions ensure data stays private, keeping businesses in compliance with information security requirements
- Onehub's powerful software makes it simple to share, edit and comment on documents, and interact with colleagues across files and workspaces
- Automatic file/folder sync across devices--desktop, mobile, and tablet--ensuring documents are always up-to-date
Onehub is a leading provider of file sharing and content management software that helps businesses securely collaborate on content across multiple devices—desktop, tablet and mobile phone. Simple-to-use and highly secure, Onehub delivers easy access, intuitive controls and automated file sync, while providing the compliance and information security that businesses need. With more than 10 million files under management, hundreds of thousands of business users rely on the company's proven solution. Onehub, founded in 2008, is based in Seattle, Washington. For more information, or to sign up for a free trial, visit www.onehub.com.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com