CHELMSFORD, Mass., Nov. 29, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kewill ltd, a leading provider of shipping solutions that streamline global trade and logistics today announced the availability of its annual survey whitepaper, "2012 Best Practices Survey for Parcel Shipping and LTL/Freight Management". Over 800 survey participants in a wide range of industries and company sizes shared their challenges, strategies and current processes for managing their parcel and LTL shipping.
This is the sixth year Kewill has conducted this highly regarded benchmarking survey of logistics professionals, which identifies key trends and highlights industry best practices. The findings whitepaper also provides 6 best practices recommendations for parcel shipping and LTL freight management. To download this informative whitepaper please visit: http://info.kewill.com/2012ParcelSurvey
Key findings from the report include:
- Use of regional and niche carriers is up 8% over 2011.
- 25% of the survey respondents are planning to add head count in the next 12 months in either shipping and/or trade compliance.
- 29.5 % of shippers review paper invoices to prepare for carrier negotiations.
- More -
- 11% of shippers have a total hands-free shipping process.
- "This report clearly highlights the challenges that retailers, manufacturers and other shippers face when they have to deal with increased—and increasingly complex—shipping volumes," saidAlan Gold, vice president of marketing and business development for Kewill. "Organizations that were holding steady or contracting are showing signs of expanding operations and investing in the future once again."
To be included in the 2013 Best Practices Survey for Parcel Shipping / LTL freight please send an email to: email@example.com.
About Kewill Inc.
Kewill is a leading provider of technology solutions that enable Logistics Service Providers and Shippers to move goods domestically and across international and global borders. Our products empower companies to connect and optimise the performance of their local, international and global transport and logistics operations. Kewill delivers world-class software in the areas of freight forwarding, customs and export compliance, parcel shipping, transportation & warehousing, eCommerce and B2B integration. Our customers rely on our innovative software and extensive domain knowledge to improve their business processes, information exchange and management visibility to drive revenue growth, deliver cost savings, improve profitability and meet the changing needs of their customers.
Established in 1972, Kewill has over 7,000 customers around the world including FedEx, Ford, Nestlé, Nike, Palm, Procter & Gamble, Parker Hannifin, Overstock.com, GE Healthcare Bayer, Black & Decker, DHL, Hankyu Hanshin, Hitachi, Ingersoll Rand, Mothercare, UPS, Scott's & Co. and TNT.
Since 1972, Kewill has delivered global trade and logistics solutions to the most sophisticated companies in the world. Over 7,000 companies use Kewill solutions including Bayer, Ingersoll Rand, DHL, UPS, TNT, Toll, Hankyu Hanshin, Scott's & Co,Hitachi, WaveryTBS, Mothercare, Black & Decker and Damco.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
The following files are available for download:
|wkr0006.pdf||Kewill 2012 Parcel Shipping Survey Results Press Release|