FRANKFURT, Germany, Dec. 6, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- (HP Discover) -- QLogic (Nasdaq:QLGC), the market share leader in Fibre Channel adapters, today announced that it has been selected as a provider of 16Gb Fibre Channel connectivity for HP ProLiant Gen8 servers and HP ProLiant G7 servers, and adapter solutions for HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage, part of the HP Converged Storage portfolio.
The HP StoreFabric SN1000Q 16Gb Fibre Channel adapter is the latest offering in an extensive QLogic® portfolio selected by HP for its server, networking and storage solutions. The QLogic portfolio for HP hardware also includes 8Gb/4Gb Fibre Channel adapters; 10Gb Ethernet converged networking adapters; Intelligent Ethernet adapters and integrated server adapters (commonly known as LOMs); Fibre Channel switches and modules; Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) switching modules; intelligent multiprotocol routers; and ASIC and adapter solutions for HP Converged Storage.
The HP StoreFabric SN1000Q delivers up to three times as many transactions as 8Gb Fibre Channel adapters, enabling a single Fibre Channel connection to service increased enterprise workloads and more virtual devices. This capability makes the HP StoreFabric SN1000Q ideal for customers who are expanding the use of virtualization within their data centers.
"Building on a collaborative history with HP that spans more than a decade, QLogic 16Gb Fibre Channel technology provides industry-leading performance and unmatched versatility. The bandwidth of the HP StoreFabric SN1000Q allows organizations to scale to more virtual machines, resulting in greater consolidation, faster application performance and better ROI," said Amit Vashi, vice president of marketing, Host Solutions Group, QLogic. "Deploying QLogic 16Gb Fibre Channel adapters for HP ProLiant servers and HP Converged Storage allows customers to future-proof their investments and accelerate performance of bandwidth-hungry enterprise applications such as backup, database workloads, online transaction processing and video streaming."
"As organizations virtualize more applications and workloads, they need storage solutions that can handle higher virtual machine densities, a greater number of network connections, and consistent availability," said Tom Joyce, vice president of Marketing, Strategy, Operations and Storage Networking, HP. "Leveraging QLogic's technology, HP StoreFabric SN1000Q delivers a proven solution for around-the-clock application and data access which ensures productivity and can mean increased revenue opportunities for customers."
The HP StoreFabric SN1000Q 16Gb Fibre Channel adapter consists of several compelling attributes:
- The Ultimate in Performance: The HP StoreFabric SN1000Q handles three times the transactions (1.2 Million IOPs) and double the throughput (6000 MBps) of 8Gb Fibre Channel, dramatically increasing application performance and cutting backup times in half. HP StoreFabric SN1000Q adapters are optimized for performance in next-generation servers with support for the new PCIe 3.0 bus architecture.
- Leadership, Confidence and Trust: The underlying QLogic Fibre Channel stack is proven in more than 13 million ports shipped to enterprise data centers around the world.
- High Availability Architecture: QLogic's unique port-level isolation architecture adds an additional layer of reliability and security, and ensures that if one port should encounter issues, the second, isolated port will take over and keep data moving—securely and without interruption. This enables the HP StoreFabric SN1000Q to offer secure, deterministically predictive and scalable dual-port performance.
- Pervasive Interoperability: QLogic solutions are tested and interoperable with more than 10,000 industry products. Fully compatible with HP H-series Fibre Channel switches, the HP StoreFabric SN1000Q's networking stack includes pervasive support for the leading operating system (OS) platforms and hypervisors including Windows Server with Hyper-V, VMware ESX/ESXi, Red Hat and SUSE Linux. The HP StoreFabric SN1000Q uses the same Fibre Channel stack as millions of 8Gb and 4Gb QLogic-designed Fibre Channel adapters installed in enterprises around the globe.
- Simplified Management: QLogic QConvergeConsole (QCC) provides a single pane of glass to remotely manage all Fibre Channel adapters and 10Gb Ethernet converged network adapters throughout the network.
- Optimized for Virtualization: The HP StoreFabric SN1000Q provides a scalable architecture for higher VM deployment per server while still providing full offload capabilities with increased bandwidth allocation to each VM. HP StoreFabric SN1000Q adapters further enhance VM mobility by increasing availability to meet peak-demand workloads.
The HP StoreFabric SN1000Q includes support for advanced features such as virtual Fibre Channel in Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V. For VMware environments, the QLogic QConvergeConsole Plug-in for VMware vCenter, a set of software components delivered through a common information model (CIM), enables use of the same application integrated within the vCenter.
- Powering the Cloud: The HP StoreFabric SN1000Q provides fine-grained Quality of Service (QoS) and the ability to dynamically allocate bandwidth through increased support for N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV). This enables cloud deployments to provide guaranteed bandwidth with fine-grained metering.
Follow QLogic @ twitter.com/qlogic
QLogic-- the Ultimate in Performance
QLogic (Nasdaq:QLGC) is a global leader and technology innovator in high performance networking, including adapters, switches and ASICs. Leading OEMs and channel partners worldwide rely on QLogic products for their data, storage and server networking solutions. For more information, visit www.qlogic.com.
Disclaimer – Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains statements relating to future results of the company (including certain beliefs and projections regarding business and market trends) that are "forward-looking statements" as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or implied in the forward-looking statements. The company advises readers that these potential risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: unfavorable economic conditions; potential fluctuations in operating results; gross margins that may vary over time; the stock price of the company may be volatile; the company's dependence on the networking markets served; the ability to maintain and gain market or industry acceptance of the company's products; the company's dependence on a small number of customers; the company's ability to compete effectively with other companies; the complexity of the company's products; declining average unit sales prices of comparable products; the company's dependence on sole source and limited source suppliers; the company's dependence on relationships with certain third-party subcontractors and contract manufacturers; the ability to attract and retain key personnel; sales fluctuations arising from customer transitions to new products; seasonal fluctuations and uneven sales patterns in orders from customers; a reduction in sales efforts by current distributors; changes in the company's tax provisions or adverse outcomes resulting from examination of its income tax returns; international economic, currency, regulatory, political and other risks; facilities of the company and its suppliers and customers are located in areas subject to natural disasters; the ability to protect proprietary rights; the ability to satisfactorily resolve any infringement claims; uncertain benefits from strategic business combinations, acquisitions and divestitures; declines in the market value of the company's marketable securities; changes in and compliance with regulations; difficulties in transitioning to smaller geometry process technologies; the use of "open source" software in the company's products; and security system risks, data protection breaches and cyber-attacks.
More detailed information on these and additional factors which could affect the company's operating and financial results are described in the company's Forms 10-K, 10-Q and other reports filed, or to be filed, with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The company urges all interested parties to read these reports to gain a better understanding of the business and other risks that the company faces. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are made only as of the date hereof, and the company does not intend to update or revise these forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
QLogic and the QLogic logo are registered trademarks of QLogic Corporation. Other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of the companies with which they are associated.