FOSTER CITY, Calif., Dec. 6, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- EFI™ (Nasdaq:EFII), a world leader in customer-focused printing innovation, today announced the introduction of the Fiery® Workflow Suite, a comprehensive set of integrated products to accelerate business growth and profitability. As part of EFI's broad portfolio of integrated products, Fiery Workflow Suite delivers a unique, fully integrated workflow from job submission and business management to scheduling, preparation, and production for a new level of productivity.
Fiery Workflow Suite products are designed to integrate seamlessly with EFI's industry-leading Fiery digital front end. The suite includes applications for job submission, prepress, make-ready, color profiling and management, personalization, and output management.
"Print service providers are increasingly replacing standalone workflow solutions with integrated, customizable solutions," says Kaspar Roos, associate director for InfoTrends' production workflow and customized communication service. "In our 2012 Digital Front-End Study, we found strong evidence that print providers want to move their workflow solutions to the DFE so that they can run their workflow from a central location that easily integrates with other systems. With EFI Fiery Workflow Suite, based on its popular Fiery platform, EFI offers its customers exactly this."
"Fiery Workflow Suite products also integrate with EFI's Web-to-Print and Print MIS systems, giving our customers an advanced set of end-to-end products to reach greater levels of automation and profit," said Toby Weiss, senior vice president and general manager of EFI's Fiery business unit. "Print service providers can quickly adapt to changing market demands by adding the modular Fiery Workflow Suite products and dramatically grow their bottom line by offering personalization, quick turnaround on complex documents, and the ability to keep jobs that demand precise color quality in house."
Fiery Workflow Suite includes three key new applications: Fiery JobFlow, Fiery JobMaster, and Fiery Central, which work together to increase print production efficiency with integrated and automated workflows, maximize print engine capacity and capability, process more jobs in less time, and help print service providers offer new higher-profit, value-added services.
Advanced prepress tools automate print workflows to ensure the integrity of jobs before going to print, increasing operator's productivity and shortening turnaround times.
- Integrates tools for PDF conversion, preflight checking, correction and editing of PDF files, image enhancement, document imposition and job ticketing.
- Funnels jobs submitted to a Fiery digital front end or to Fiery Central through configurable workflows.
Advanced make-ready software makes complex document preparation tasks simple and fast.
- Offers intuitive document assembly including fully visual tab insertion and design, page-level ticketing, finishing, scanning and powerful late-stage editing features.
- Speeds up design and job submission processes using a flexible in-RIP solution with interactive and fully visual job previews.
Combines multiple Fiery Driven™ and other select digital production printers into an optimized, centrally managed production system.
- Balances production output by splitting color and black-and-white pages, and by routing all or part of jobs to the most productive and cost-efficient printers.
- Includes configurable error rerouting that automatically sends a job to a similar printer to continue production.
- Works with EFI's Digital StoreFront® Web-to-Print, plus EFI's MIS/ERP and scheduling software, for accurate production reporting and seamless job submission.
Fiery Workflow Suite also has integrated applications for:
- Job submission — EFI Digital StoreFront
- Color profiling and management — Fiery Color Profiler Suite
- Make-ready — Fiery Impose and Fiery Compose
- Prepress — Fiery Graphic Arts Package, Premium Edition
- Variable Data Printing capability — Included in Fiery digital front ends.
For more information on EFI's Fiery Workflow Suite, visit www.efi.com/fieryworkflowsuite or call (800) 875-7117.
EFI™ (www.efi.com) is a worldwide provider of products, technology and services that lead the transformation of analog to digital imaging. Based in Silicon Valley, with offices around the globe, the company's powerful integrated product portfolio includes digital front-end servers; superwide, wide-format, label and ceramic inkjet presses and inks; production workflow, Web to print, and business automation software; and office, enterprise and mobile cloud solutions. These products allow users to produce, communicate and share information in an easy and effective way, and enable businesses to increase their profits, productivity and efficiency.
Follow EFI Online:
Follow us on Twitter: @EFI_Print_Tech
Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/EFI.Digital.Print.Technology
View us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/EFIDigitalPrintTech
The Electronics For Imaging, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=15847
NOTE TO EDITORS: The EFI logo, Fiery and Digital StoreFront are registered trademarks of Electronics For Imaging, Inc. in the U.S. and/or certain other countries. EFI, and Fiery Driven are trademarks of Electronics For Imaging, Inc. in the U.S. and/or certain other countries. All other terms and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners, and are hereby acknowledged.
Nothing herein should be construed as a warranty in addition to the express warranty statements provided with EFI products and services.
CONTACT: Mike Murphy EFI Corporate Communications 650-357-3037 email@example.com
Source:Electronics For Imaging, Inc.