ORANGEBURG, N.Y., Dec. 6, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Children may look most forward to gifts during the holiday season, but there is no reason they shouldn't enjoy all the delicious food as much as adults do. Foods that are fun, in addition to being delicious, are great ways to get kids more involved with special meals. Whether cheese or chocolate, fondue is a perfect option for an entertaining and engaging dish that can be enjoyed by the whole family – and it can serve as a new holiday tradition.
To bring the fondue fun to a special dinner or party, just follow these tips from Emmi Roth USA, the US subsidiary of Switzerland's premier dairy company.
- Let children each pick a dipping item you will serve, with so many possibilities from veggies and fruits to breads and meats – everyone will find a combination they enjoy
- While wine is a suggested beverage pairing for adults, sparkling cider, grape juice or ginger ale served in a special glass and garnished with fruit is a treat for the kids
- In the Swiss tradition, if a woman drops her bread into the cheese, she must kiss the person next to her; for kids, have whomever drops their bread do a silly dance or sing a song for the table
- Play a game where the person who tries the most adventurous or unique combination (like dipping broccoli into chocolate fondue) wins a prize
- Ready for dessert? Dip holiday cookies or gingerbread men into chocolate fondue or build "fondue s'mores" by dipping marshmallows into chocolate fondue before sandwiching them between graham cracker pieces.
- With just a few forks and one pot, preparation and cleanup is a snap so you can relax and enjoy time with loved ones.
"Though fondue can be sophisticated in flavor, it is always fun in practice, and it is a terrific way to get kids excited about food," said Guido Kaelin, Vice President of Marketing, Emmi Roth USA, Inc. "With fondue, children can really take part in a meal and have some control over what and how they eat, while adults can appreciate fine imported cheese in a relaxed atmosphere, perfect for holiday celebrations."
Emmi Original Fondue from Switzerland is made with authentic Le Gruyère AOC and Emmentaler AOC cheeses from Switzerland, and is ready to heat and serve right out of the package. Emmi also offers Gorgonzola Fondue, Appenzeller Fondue and Chocolate Fondue.
Emmi Roth USA provides a wide variety of fine Swiss-style cheeses great for use in recipes or on their own. You can find them at your local grocer and online at Emmi.com.
PRESS: For more information about Emmi of Switzerland, please contact Allison Greco at The S3 Agency: 973-257-5533 or agreco@theS3agency.com
About Emmi Roth USA, Inc.
Emmi Roth USA, a subsidiary of Emmi Group, is a leading provider of specialty and artisan cheeses and premium fresh dairy products. Their expansive portfolio includes award-winning cheeses from Switzerland, Europe, and the United States, each crafted with pride from the freshest local milk. Key cheese brands include Kaltbach cave-aged, Grand Cru® and Buttermilk Blue®. Emmi Roth USA also features specialty dairy products, including Swiss Premium Yogurts. For more information about Emmi Roth USA, please visit Emmi.com.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
The following pictures are available for download:
|[Image]||Emmi of Switzerland Original Fondue|
Source: Emmi Roth