ADVISORY, Dec. 8, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
| WHAT: ||"12-12-12" interview footage of Billy Joel and Alicia Keys surrounding the impact of Hurricane Sandy and their involvement with "12-12-12" is available and accessible for press members to use in advance of "12-12-12", the biggest concert event ever staged at Madison Square Garden on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 7:30PM.|
|Sample quotes from interview footage:|
|"Emotionally it hurt to see all the terrible things that happened because of the storm, all the lives that were disrupted, all the damage that was done, even the landscape is different. People were stranded. People died. It's traumatic." – Billy Joel|
|"For me as a New Yorker, to really see us all coming together and really help each other, showed me what a great country we are." – Alicia Keys|
| WHERE: ||Footage is available to be downloaded and edited for broadcast, radio and online usage. Click links below to access a quick view and downloadable version:|
|Links to Alicia Keys and Billy Joel footage:|
|Quick View Link:|
|- Alicia Keys: http://media.video.msg.com/msg_approval/AliciaKeys_h264.mov|
|- Billy Joel: http://media.video.msg.com/msg_approval/BillyJoel_h264.mov|
"12-12-12" information announced to include in news packages:
- "12-12-12" will take place at Madison Square Garden on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 7:30PM.
- "12-12-12" will be distributed worldwide to nearly two billion people through television feeds, radio and online streaming. It will be available to all 114 million television households in the US and to more than 400 million television households outside the country via networks and feeds in North and South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia.
- The all-star lineup for "12-12-12" includes Bon Jovi, Eric Clapton, Dave Grohl, Billy Joel, Alicia Keys, Chris Martin, The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Eddie Vedder, Roger Waters, Kanye West, The Who and Paul McCartney.
- Steve Buscemi, Jessica Chastain, Chelsea Clinton, Sean Combs, Billy Crystal, Leo DiCaprio, Jimmy Fallon, Jake Gyllenhaal, Karlie Kloss, Seth Meyers, Bobby Moynihan, Chris Rock, Adam Sandler, Susan Sarandon, Jon Stewart, Kristen Stewart, Quentin Tarantino, and Brian Williams will participate and show their support for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. Tommy Hilfiger has generously agreed to donate t-shirts as part of the merchandise offerings for "12-12-12". Many of the celebrities involved will also be on-hand to lend their star power and participate in a telethon during the "12-12-12" telecast.
- Thanks to the generosity of concert organizers, sponsors, and Robin Hood's board of directors, every single penny will go to organizations serving the victims of Hurricane Sandy through the Robin Hood Relief Fund. The Robin Hood Relief Fund provides money, material and know-how to local organizations that are serving families and individuals in the regions hardest hit by the storm.
- The concert is being produced by James Dolan, Executive Chairman of The Madison Square Garden Company; John Sykes, President of Clear Channel Entertainment Enterprises; and Harvey Weinstein, Co-Founder and Chairman of The Weinstein Company.
The "12-12-12" logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=15957
CONTACT: Clear Channel Media and Entertainment Angel Aristone /AngelAristone@clearchannel.com 212-377-7802 The Madison Square Garden Company Mikyl Cordova / firstname.lastname@example.org 212-631-4337 The Weinstein Company Dani Weinsteinemail@example.com 212-845-8639 Robin Hood Foundation Patty Smithfirstname.lastname@example.org 212-844-3562
Source:The Madison Square Garden Company