LAGUNA HILLS, Calif., Dec. 10, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Many people see the Mayan calendar as a sure sign that doomsday is near. In fact, they believe that it points to December 21st as being the Big Day. As some people scramble to understand the real meaning of the Mayan Calendar, others have already deciphered it and are ready to explain why, in fact, it does not point to doomsday.
"People have drawn a doomsday conclusion from the Mayan calendar, when there isn't one," explains Louix Dor Dempriey, a spiritual master who started the Louix Dor Dempriey Foundation and leads events. "The world is not going to come to an end on December 21st, and that's not what the Mayan calendar predicted to begin with."
Here are 5 reasons the Mayan calendar does not mean that doomsday is near:
- The Mayans never actually said the world was going to end. That was a conclusion that others drew, based on looking at their calendar system, which was created some 2,300 years ago.
- The approaching date marks the beginning of a new "era" for humanity, not the end of humanity.
- Many religions, prophets, and mystics have pinpointed this "turning point" on planet Earth. They have been letting people know that it will be a turning point for humanity, rather than a doomsday.
- There are no ostensible, physical signs to indicate the planet is ending. If there were, scientists would have discovered them and their findings would be making news headlines everywhere.
- What would be the point of all life ending, especially on December 21st? It would serve no purpose.
"Every so often, someone calls for a doomsday or some other major event that they state is going to happen," adds Dor Dempriey, "But when you stop to really look at what the Mayan elders, themselves, are saying, and consider all the evidence, this is one that does not pan out... Anyone remember Y2K?"
Dor Dempriey is holding a free live Internet Event entitled "2012 and Beyond." It will be held on December 12, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. To register for the event, log onto www.LouixLIVE.org. The video will be available for viewing on the site from December 12, 2012 until December 21, 2012.
The events that Dor Dempriey holds include retreats and seminars, and have been offered throughout the United States and Australia, including in Laguna Hills, Calif., Sedona, Ariz., La Jolla, Calif., Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York City, and San Francisco. To learn more about Louix Dor Dempriey, or to see the schedule of upcoming events, visit the site at www.Louix.org.
About Louix Dor Dempriey Foundation
The Louix Dor Dempriey Foundation is a Laguna Hills, Calif.- based non-profit organization. Led by Louix Dor Dempriey, the mission of the foundation is to help people find inner peace, attain self-mastery, and live a life of unconditional love. Since the late '90s, Louix has been featured in numerous media outlets around the world, including print, television, and radio. Louix offers seminars, retreats, video conferences, study groups, and workshops to millions of people around the world. To learn more about the Louix Dor Dempriey Foundation, visit the site at www.Louix.org.
The Louix Dor Dempriey Foundation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=16185
CONTACT: Cher Murphy CherMurphyPR@Gmail.com (571) 263-2128
Source:Louix Dor Dempriey Foundation