Detroit, MI, Dec. 11, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Veterans served at U.S. Veterans Administration hospitals and facilities across the country will now have a new way of getting around. GM, Chevrolet and the UAW are donating full-sized Chevrolet Express passenger vans to five VA hospitals. Each van has been customized with special equipment that meets the specific needs of each facility. The first of the vans was presented to the John D. Dingell VA Medical Center in Detroit on Tuesday, December 4, 2012.
See video from General Motors at: http://gm.synapticdigital.com/GLOBAL/FEATURE-STORIES/GENERAL-MOTORS/van-for-veterans/s/b1eb6bc2-1c88-4410-b5cd-c55f1e6d2b62
The other four facilities receiving vans are: VA Medical Center, Battle Creek, Mich.; Montgomery VA Medical Center, Jackson, Miss.; John Cochran VA Medical Center, St. Louis; and the Philadelphia Veterans Multi-Service & Education Center, Philadelphia.
- Sound bite fromDaniel F. Akerson, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, GM
- Sound bite from Joe Ashton, Vice President and Director, UAW, GM Department
- Sound bite from Tom Leone, U.S. Military Veteran
- Footage of custom mobility vans being built
- Footage of Veterans receiving and driving the vans
Source: Synaptic Digital a Definition 6 Company