TOKYO, Dec. 13, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Universal Entertainment Corporation (hereafter referred to as the "Company") group is currently a party to pending litigation with Wynn Resorts, Limited (Nasdaq:WYNN) (hereinafter referred to as "Wynn Resorts"). The Company hereby announces that a subsidiary of the Company, Tiger Resort Leisure and Entertainment Inc. to Stephen · A · Wynn who is a chairman of Wynn Resorts criminal complaint of criminal defamation multiple crime under Article 353 to Republic of the Philippines Department of JUSTICE the Office of the city prosecutor Paranaque city, due to being subject to defamation, damage to credit and other harm as a result of the press release posted by Wynn Resorts on its official website on February 19, 2012 (United States time).
1. A dispute arose between Mr. Okada and respondent involving, among others, Mr. Okada's opposition to an anomalous donation pledged by Wynn Macau Limited, a Macau subsidiary of Wynn Resorts in Macau.
2. Mr. Okada's actions did not sit well with respondent, as the latter feared that an investigation would reveal that the purpose for the huge donation in Macau was improper and illegal. This prompted respondent Wynn to use the Philippine project as a pretext to eliminate and take over Mr. Okada's stockholdings (through Universal Entertainment Corporation and Aruze USA Inc.), and remove him from Wynn Resorts.
3. The Board meeting of Wynn Resorts determined that Mr. Okada and his companies must have engaged in corrupt activities in connection with the Philippine project, based on the supposition that "the Philippines is a corrupt country" and further determined that Mr. Okada was to be dismissed from his position as Vice Chairman of Wynn Resorts.
4. Respondent thereafter hired Mr. Louis Freeh and his firm, Freeh Sporkin & Sullivan LLP , to conduct an investigation of the alleged corrupt activities of Mr. Okada and his companies. The investigation was clearly an afterthought and was commissioned for the purpose of providing justification for the baseless findings of the Compliance Committee.
5. Respondent maliciously caused copies of the Freeh Report to be given to the press, which enabled several newspapers to publish the contents of the Freeh Report.
6. On 19 February 2012, Wynn Resorts, under the direction and control of respondent, maliciously issued a global press release, published on its website, containing the libelous accusations against Mr. Okada and his associates and companies, i.e., complainant Tiger Resort Leisure and Entertainment, Inc., Universal Entertainment Corporation, and Aruze USA Inc.
7. The Primer on Cybercrime issued by the Department of Justice on 26 November 2012 provides that "as of the moment, cybercrime-related cases are dealt with using existing laws." This means that internet libel may be "dealt with" or prosecuted under the existing provisions of the RPC on libel.
The complaint-affidavit is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/cache/22403/file/17216.pdf
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACTS: Universal Entertainment Corporation (JASDAQ Code: 6425) PR&IR OFFICE Nobuyuki Horiuchi, Assistant General Manager Email address:firstname.lastname@example.org Ariake Frontier Bldg,A,3-7-26 Ariake,koto-ku,Tokyo,135-0063 JAPAN TEL: +81-3-5530-3055 (switchboard)Source:Universal Entertainment Corporation