Dallas, TX, Dec. 14, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- (http://www.myprgenie.com) -- zuuzs.com, the online site that offers shoppers cash back at more than 800 major retailers, took a holiday survey of its Facebook friends and found that husbands are overwhelmingly harder to shop for. Thirty-eight percent of those surveyed named husbands the most difficult, parents were the second hardest group at 19 percent, and significant others came in at 15 percent. Wife, children, siblings and others came in at a clear distance.
Patricia Blair, zuuzs VP of marketing, has an idea why shopping for hubby is hard. "My spouse is very picky. When it comes to electronics-the things high on his wish list-he likes to make the selection so he gets what he really wants. I'm guessing a lot of wives have similar issues."
Forecasts say that with 2012's extra long holiday shopping season, total sales will be up again-around 3-4 percent. zuuzs' survey found that electronic gadgets were the hot-ticket items once more:
iPad, 52 percent
Kindle Fire, 20 percent
Smartphone, 7 percent
Savvy, safe online holiday shopping
Online shopping can certainly be convenient and simple. But buyers beware, warns zuuzs' lead developer Shane Walker.
"Your wallet can get picked as easily online as it can out of your purse or pocket if you're not careful-both by someone taking your card number or taking advantage of you in extra fees," says Walker.
zuuzs top tips:
1. Order online and pick up at the store for instant gratification.
2. Take advantage of Free Shipping Day. Dec. 17 is the day when over 1,000 online retailers offer free shipping and other discounts with delivery by Christmas Eve.
3. What's the shopping trifecta? Retailer rewards + credit card cash (or points) rewards + zuuzs cash back equals maximum rewards for your gift giving.
4. Look for free shipping.
5. Don't store credit card information. Unless you shop an online store frequently, don't allow them to store your credit card information. Many online stores keep your credit card information as the default, so make sure you check before logging off.
6. Keep your passwords sacred. Never save your user names or passwords on computers you share with others.
7. Shop the "buy x, get y" deals. You could potentially get enough gifts for all your friends in one fell swoop. And capture the savings.
8. Skip the gift wrapping upcharge.
9. Read the fine print.
10. Save by ordering from out-of-state retailers. If there are no retailer facilities in your state you save on sales taxes.
zuuzs.com is a shopping and sharing site that combines amazing discounts with a social experience. Customers who shop through zuuzs can save money, share deals with friends and earn cash rewards. zuuzs has over 800 retail partners that specialize in a wide variety of products and services. The company is owned by Nectar Online Media, Inc. and is headquartered in Dallas. Connect with zuuzs on Facebook at www.facebook.com/myzuuzs and Twitter at https://twitter.com/zuuzs.