WOBURN, Mass., Dec. 18, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LogMeIn Inc. (Nasdaq:LOGM) is announcing the pricing and details for Cubby, the company's new cloud sync and storage service, including a premium version (Cubby Pro), as well as a free version (Cubby Basic). Cubby, a simple, secure cloud service for sharing files across devices and with other people, is currently in beta and is anticipated to be generally available in early 2013.
Cubby Pro features LogMeIn's distinct DirectSync™ capability for unlimited peer-to-peer syncing of information across PCs and Macs, additional security capabilities for controlling access to sensitive information, and 100GB of optional cloud storage. A yearly subscription to Cubby Pro starts at $6.99 per month ($83.88/year) prepaid annually, and monthly subscriptions are available starting at $9.99 per month.
Cubby Basic provides users with a free, yet simple and secure cloud service for accessing information from virtually any device and sharing files with other people via the cloud, and includes 5GB of storage.
In response to strong demand from Cubby beta users, LogMeIn is giving users the option to purchase additional cloud storage space and lock into a year of Cubby Pro at special beta pricing. During the beta, Cubby users can get a year of Cubby Pro, including 100GB of cloud storage, for a yearly subscription of $3.99/month ($47.88/year billed annually).
"Cubby is a natural expansion of our successful remote access and collaboration businesses – a service designed from the ground up to help individuals and businesses truly embrace the anywhere, any-device dynamics of the new mobile workplace. And Cubby has already become the most popular beta in the history of LogMeIn," said Michael Simon, CEO of LogMeIn. "We believe Cubby represents the perfect blend of elegance and simplicity with the flexibility and security necessary to win over individuals and businesses, alike."
The Basic version of Cubby includes:
- 5GB free cloud storage, with the option to earn extra storage by referring others who create a Cubby account
- Access to files anywhere from virtually any device via Cubby's free desktop, web and mobile apps (includes Windows-based PCs, Macs, Android devices, iPads and iPhones), including the ability to sync files across multiple devices using the cloud
- The flexibility to make any folder a 'cubby' – and make as many cubbies as desired
- Multiple ways to share files and collaborate with others. Content can be shared with others by inviting them into a cubby, which lets both parties see, work with, and sync content; or it can be shared through simple read-only links to files and cubbies, an option that provides quick sharing even with people who don't have a Cubby account
Cubby Pro yearly subscriptions start at $6.99/month per user (prepaid annually) and include:
- 100GB of cloud storage per user. Cubby Pro users start with 100GB per user and can simply add users and additional space as desired. In multiuser accounts, this additional space is shared between users, making it a perfect option for team collaboration (e.g. a 2 user pro account costs $13.98 per month billed annually and comes with 200GB of cloud storage that can be shared between the users). Cubby Pro accounts with multiple users can also be upgraded to add more individual space or shared space, as desired.
- Syncing of information across devices with or without cloud data storage. Cubby Pro's distinct DirectSync mode provides the ability to sync an unlimited amount of information across computers (PCs and Macs) without ever having to store your data in the cloud. DirectSync can be used individually or collaboratively with any other Cubby Pro user to share small collections of files or even terabytes of content across devices.
- Optional added control and security over sensitive information with Cubby Locks. Both the Basic and Pro versions of Cubby have been architected from the ground up to be highly secure. Cubby is built on LogMeIn's own cloud data sync and storage service – not hosted on a third party cloud data platform – and takes advantage of the same online-banking-level encryption capabilities used in LogMeIn's connectivity offerings (like LogMeIn Free and Pro, LogMeIn Rescue and join.me). With Cubby Locks, users of Cubby Pro gain additional control over access to their most sensitive information, from prompting password requirements to taking ownership of their encryption keys.
Additional info and background on Cubby:
- Introducing Cubby: LogMeIn Previews New Cloud Sharing Service, 'Cubby'
- Share the love, earn extra storage: Cubby Referral Rewards: Getting more free space in the cloud just got easier
- Cubby goes into open beta: A new Cubby Milestone – Open beta
- Additional Cubby Blog posts: blog.cubby.com
About LogMeIn, Inc.
LogMeIn (Nasdaq:LOGM) provides essential cloud and mobile services to individuals, businesses, and IT organizations for remote access, collaboration, customer care, and remote IT management. These services are used by millions of people to quickly, simply and securely connect over 150 million internet-enabled devices across the globe — computers, smartphones, iPad™ and Android™ tablets, and digital displays. LogMeIn is based in Woburn, Massachusetts, USA, with offices in Australia, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, and the UK.
The LogMeIn, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=6574
LogMeIn and Cubby are trademarks of LogMeIn in the U.S. and other countries. iPad and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., and Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries around the world.
CONTACT: Craig VerColen LogMeIn +1-781-897-0696 email@example.com