SAN ANTONIO, Texas, Jan. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Payment Data Systems, Inc. (OTCQB:PYDS), an integrated electronic payments solutions provider, today announced that its iRemotePay™ App is now available on the App StoreSM. The app has been developed for the iPhone®, and is also compatible with the iPad®, and iPod touch®.
iRemotePay™, when coupled with a compatible card reader and an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, enables a merchant to securely process credit cards, ACH payments (e-Checks) and cash over cellular or Wi-Fi networks from remote locations and view these payment transactions while away from the office. It operates as a true point-of-sale (POS) terminal.
iRemotePay™ is appropriate for large or small organizations, such as HVAC or plumbing services, or churches that have a need for wireless payment applications. It is also completely compatible with PDS' market strategy which focuses on large enterprises with large customer bases and which have a need for remote payment processing applications on a full time basis or at special events
iRemotePay™ is unique from other mobile payment solutions in three key ways:
- it is targeted to merchants that have a need for one or multiple devices in their service market but also have a need for a common settlement account;
- in addition to accepting all card types, iRemotePay™ will allow the entry and processing of ACH payments (e-Checks) and cash; and
- it is processor independent which means iRemotePay™ can act as a gateway to the merchant's existing merchant processor who may not be Payment Data.
iRemotePay™ is fully integrated with PDS' back-office applications which provide real time access to view the completed transaction by the merchant's accounting department or at the remote location by the person that entered the information.
iRemotePay™ also is a secure app with fully encrypted end-to-end transactions. Therefore it is designed to be fully compliant with all current and future PCI security requirements.
iRemotePay™ is specifically designed for remote wireless POS applications. The following serves only as a list of examples:
- Special remote events;
- Concerts and sports arenas;
- Taxis and Limousines;
- Service Industries such as Plumbers, Electricians, Installers, and Repairmen;
- Door to Door Sales;
- Utility Companies' On-Site Collections;
- Flea Market Vendors;
- Any Remote Sales Merchant.
iRemotePay™ features include:
- Secure Payment Processing with end to end encryption of transaction data;
- Allows our customer to leverage their existing wireless plan if using a cellular network;
- Internet based reporting;
- Back office support for corporate office or remote personnel so each can immediately view transactions as soon as a sale is made;
- Integrated telephone and Web based transaction reporting through all of the PDS back-office applications such as fraud control and our CSR View product;
- Fast merchant setup time - as fast as 24 hours;
- Supports all card association brands;
- Supports entry and payment for ACH processing (e-checks);
- Captures, tracks and reports cash payments.
Michael Long, Payment Data Systems, Inc CEO said, "We are very excited to be at this point with the deployment of iRemotePay and its availability to merchants of all sizes. We believe the product defines for merchants a new wireless POS platform for the processing of payments wherever the merchant and their customers happen to come together."
The iRemotePay™ App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
About Payment Data Systems, Inc.
Payment Data Systems is an integrated payment solutions provider to merchants and billers. The organization provides an extensive set of products to deliver world-class payment acceptance. Payment Data has solutions for merchants, billers, banks, service bureaus and card issuers. The strength of the company is its ability to offer specifically tailored solutions for card issuance, payment acceptance and bill payments.
Find us on Facebook®
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
iTunes is for legal or rightholder-authorized copying only. Don't steal music.
FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS DISCLAIMER
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters discussed in this release include certain forward-looking statements, which are intended to be covered by safe harbors. Those statements include, but may not be limited to, all statements regarding our and management's intent, belief and expectations, such as statements concerning our future and our operating and growth strategy. Investors are cautioned that all forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties including, without limitation, the factors detailed from time to time in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. One or more of these factors have affected, and in the future could affect our businesses and financial results in the future and could cause actual results to differ materially from plans and projections. We believe that the assumptions underlying the forward-looking statements included in this release will prove to be accurate. In light of the significant uncertainties inherent in the forward-looking statements included herein, the inclusion of such information should not be regarded as a representation by us or any other person that our objectives and plans will be achieved. All forward-looking statements made in this release are based on information presently available to our management. We assume no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, except as required by law.
CONTACT: Michael Long Investor Relations 210.249.4040 firstname.lastname@example.orgSource:Payment Data Systems, Inc.