ITHACA, N.Y., Jan. 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kionix, Inc. today announced the release of the KX022, a 2x2x0.9mm tri-axis, robust accelerometer with integrated FIFO/FILO buffer that maintains low power while offering a wide variety of embedded algorithms for maximum functionality. Embedded features include tap detection, orientation detection, activity monitoring, and motion wake-up algorithms, as well as an internal voltage regulator and self-test function. With an ultra-small package, high-performance embedded functionality, and current consumption as low as 2µA, the KX022 is ideally suited for smartphones, tablets, and health and fitness applications.
The KX022 also features a user-configurable, low-power, embedded motion wake-up function, allowing the user to conserve battery life by powering down other systems until needed. Combined with Kionix's XAC sensor, which provides outstanding stability with a market-leading combination of improved shock, reflow, and thermal performance, as well as a decreased need for production-line calibration, the KX022 provides customers with substantial reductions in power, noise, and cost.
"Kionix continues to aggressively address customer requirements for a small sensor footprint and for greater product functionality," said Scott Miller, Vice President of Engineering, Kionix. "As a result, we have successfully enhanced our previous 2x2 offering by adding in a full range of embedded algorithms and functionality and an integrated FIFO/FILO buffer, dropping current consumption, and reducing noise, thereby making this part perfect for mobile applications."
KX022 features include:
- Low current consumption in all modes: 2 µA in standby, 10 µA at normal resolution (25Hz ODR), and 130 µA for high resolution;
- User-selectable resolution and acceleration ranges at +/-2g, +/-4g or +/-8g, as well as user-selectable Output Data Rate (ODR);
- Embedded FIFO/FILO buffer;
- Two interrupt registers;
- Digital high-pass filter outputs;
- Low noise for better resolution;
- I2C and SPI digital output;
- An internal voltage regulator that maintains constant internal operating voltages over its 1.8 – 3.6V range of input supply;
- Up to 14-bit resolution for greater precision;
- Self-test function; and
- Embedded functionality, including tap detection, orientation, activity, and motion wake-up algorithms.
Available in a 12-pin, LGA, plastic package, the KX022 will be sampling to qualified customers during Q1 2013. For more information, please email: email@example.com or contact the Kionix sales office nearest you.
Kionix, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of ROHM Co., Ltd., is a top-tier manufacturer of MEMS inertial sensors based in Ithaca, NY, USA. Leading companies in consumer, automotive, health and fitness and industrial markets use Kionix sensors and total system solutions to enable motion-based functionality in their products.
The Kionix, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=16475
Kionix is a registered trademark of Kionix, Inc.