GUILDFORD, United Kingdom, Jan. 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kewill Ltd, the leading provider of innovative software for global trade and logistics, today announced the appointment of Andrew Hicks to the position of Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Andrew joins Kewill with immediate effect from Misys, the banking software provider, where he most recently held the post of Global Head of Integration, providing executive leadership for the successful operational integration of its merger with Turaz, where he was previously CFO.
Andrew will drive Kewill's global finance function and work with the rest of Kewill's senior management team in the creation and execution of strategies that expand Kewill's market leading credentials. He will utilize his significant strategic and operational experience to support growth, implement the infrastructure and processes needed to leverage efficiencies around the globe and focus on creating value across the organisation.
A qualified chartered accountant, Andrew has previously held a variety of senior finance roles for Misys, located in both the United States and United Kingdom, and prior to the role of CFO at Turaz was CFO at Denver-based P2 Energy Solutions, the world's largest software and data solutions company exclusively serving the oil and gas industry, where he had line responsibility for Finance, Human Resources, Legal and IT.
"Andrew's appointment marks a very positive step forward for Kewill," comments Robert J. Farrell, President and CEO of Kewill Ltd. "He has hands-on experience of creating value in private equity owned technology companies and an excellent track record of generating results. I am very much looking forward to working closely with him to drive growth at Kewill and the company on to new levels of success."
"We are delighted to have Andrew join Kewill as CFO," said Deep Shah, Partner with Francisco Partners, and Kewill Board member. "He brings a wealth of experience from the software industry and joins Bob Farrell as part of a new global senior management team that is focusing on realising the great potential of Kewill for all its stakeholders."
- Hicks has over 15 years' experience gained in both the software industry and finance.
- He has held senior finance positions at companies located in both the United Kingdom and United States, with meaningful global operations.
- Most recently at Misys, he provided executive leadership for the operational integration of Turaz and Misys and created the operating rhythm to substantially complete tactical integration within 90 days.
- Hicks led the project that created back office infrastructure for a business (Turaz) with 600 clients and 1,000 employees across 70 countries.
- NB: Turaz was formed as a standalone company backed by Vista Equity Partners from the assets of the Thomson Reuters' Trade and Risk Management Software business unit.
- Hicks holds the qualification ACA and has been a Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales since 2000.
- He holds a BA (Hons) from the University of York.
Tel. (UK) +44 (0)845 034 5602
About Kewill Ltd.
Kewill is a leading provider of technology solutions that enable Logistics Service Providers and Shippers to move goods domestically and across international and global borders. Our products empower companies to connect and optimise the performance of their local, international and global transport and logistics operations. Kewill delivers world-class software in the areas of freight forwarding, customs and export compliance, parcel shipping, transportation & warehousing, eCommerce and B2B integration. Our customers rely on our innovative software and extensive domain knowledge to improve their business processes, information exchange and management visibility to drive revenue growth, deliver cost savings, improve profitability and meet the changing needs of their customers.
Established in 1972, Kewill has over 7,000 customers around the world including FedEx, Ford, Nestlé, Nike, Palm, Procter & Gamble, Parker Hannifin, Overstock.com, GE Healthcare Bayer, Black & Decker, DHL, Hankyu Hanshin, Hitachi, Ingersoll Rand, Mothercare, UPS, Scott's & Co. and TNT.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
The following files are available for download:
|wkr0006.pdf||Kewill Appoints New CFO|
|[Image]||Andrew Hicks Headshot|