STERLING, Va., Jan. 11, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Current Analysis, the market leader in continuous, tactical competitive intelligence for the telecommunications and information technology markets, announced today the release of its Enterprise Cloud Adoption study. Based on its recent primary research of 550 companies in the U.S. and Europe, Current Analysis is compiling a five-part report providing in-depth analysis on what cloud services solutions are being bought, on what basis, and by whom, looking at enterprise demand and trending in both the U.S. and Europe.
"Enterprises are now moving beyond cloud experimentation to broader-based implementations," commented Bruce Page, Vice President of Custom Research at Current Analysis. "Sixty-four percent of enterprises surveyed by Current Analysis use the cloud now; the remainder will deploy workloads to the cloud and/or consume apps via the cloud within the next 24 months."
Some critical findings include:
- Although Software-as-as-Service (SaaS) leads enterprise deployments, the number of respondents using Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) solutions doubled over 2011.
- Security concerns remain the biggest obstacle to deployment, as well as the biggest criteria in choosing a provider, followed closely by reliability, which tops the list of challenges post-deployment as well.
- Sixty-seven percent of companies surveyed say senior management is in the driver's seat when choosing cloud solutions; however, the IT organization is expected to influence the decision.
"Alliances between vendors, such as AT&T/IBM and Sprint/CSC, will change the game in the coming year," added Ashok Kumar, Associate Director of Custom Research. "Vendors are filling gaps and creating innovative, end-to-end cloud solutions that bring the market competition to a new level."
The series details adoption factors and inhibitors, as well as vendor, including enterprise, expectations that solution providers will create holistic offerings to address both technology and services needs. Results have been analyzed via the following unique reports:
- The Reality of Enterprise Use of Cloud Services
- Cloud Buying and Deployment Agendas: Europe and the U.S.
- Demand and Opportunities for Additional Services that Support Cloud Adoption
- Cloud Services – The Impact by Vertical Market
- Cloud Services – The Impact by Enterprise Size
To learn more about how to access this primary research compilation, go to http://www.currentanalysis.com/custom/cloud/enterprise-adoption.asp.
Sr. Director, Marketing Communications
About Current Analysis
Current Analysis (http://www.currentanalysis.com) is the only provider of real-time, in-depth tactical competitive intelligence, analysis, and advice. The company has been helping leading telecommunications, information technology and business software companies improve their competitive intelligence, differentiate themselves in the market, and win more business. For more than 15 years, sales teams, product managers, marketing professionals, and executives have relied on Current Analysis as a trusted partner to improve their ability to anticipate and quickly take action on market opportunities and competitive threats. The company serves more than 35,000 professionals at over 1,600 global enterprises.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
The following files are available for download:
Source: Current Analysis