PLYMOUTH MEETING, Pa., Jan. 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Every day it seems there is a new pet trend or fad to keep up with, and 2013 will be no different. From '80s inspired grooming to new laws regarding pets, Pet360.com predicts the top seven pet trends of 2013.
- Dog Shows to Gain Popularity - While we may not be able to predict the winners, we are expecting to see wider coverage of dog shows in 2013. NBC saw a 13 percent rise in viewers for its National Dog Show presented by Purina in 2012, and with momentum like that, we anticipate packs of pooches to line up and strut their stuff in front of the judges in 2013.
- Extreme Grooming Goes '80s - Thought you'd seen it all when it comes to grooming choices? While dying dogs pink and having them "tattooed" may be fads of the past, Brett Michaels' 1980's inspired pet clothing line will likely give rise to lots of high, brightly colored '80s dos on dogs this year.
- Animals in Movies Will Inspire Better Pet Parenting - In the past, families may have been tempted to run out and adopt a collie after seeing an episode of Lassie or a golden retriever after watching Air Bud without doing enough research to see if that particular breed is right for them. In 2013, we expect movies to inspire families to take the necessary time to research mixed and purebred dogs so they can better commit to their new furry family members.
- Pets Will Write Books - This past year, we witnessed a whole slew of books about pets get published. In 2013, we expect to see a new trend in books from the pet's perspective. Who wouldn't pick up From Lost Dogs to Victory Dogs: Our Story as Only We Can Tell It?
- Cats Will Get Smarter with Maze Toys - For all you "Cat World Domination" theorists out there, you might be on to something. Designed to promote brain activity and exercise in cats, food mazes like the Catit Design Senses Food Maze may make our furry felines too smart for their own good in 2013.
- Long Lasting Chews Make Waves - To the delight of many dog parents, we believe destructive chewing will be a fad of the past. With long lasting chew toys for dogs like Better Than's Gnawin' Forever Ultimate Interactive Dog Chew Toy, we think pooches around the world will prefer the bacon flavored goodness of a chew over the bland taste of a brand new coffee table.
- New Laws Regarding Pets Will Pop Up - We predict – and hope – that 2013 will be the year we see the repeal of Breed Specific Legislation (BSL).2012 BSL cases like Lennox brought well-deserved attention to the issue. While we don't know what will replace the BSL laws, Owner Specific Legislation may be something to consider.
Media Contact: Kelly Lange, 610-234-4114, email@example.com
Pet360.com is a personalized website dedicated to simplifying pet parenting. At Pet360, each member's experience is tailored to their individual needs based on the type, breed, gender, age and size of their pets. By offering relevant tips and expert advice, connections to others with similar pets and the convenience of home shopping all in one place, Pet360.com is the ultimate resource for pet parents – available anytime, anywhere. For more information, watch the Pet360 Video or visit www.Pet360.com.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com