WASHINGTON, Jan. 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) announced the highest level of director credentialing—NACD Fellowship—for 242 corporate directors and corporate governance professionals in the last quarter of 2012. NACD Fellows have demonstrated their commitment to promoting the highest standards of leadership in the boardroom through an extensive director training program.
NACD's Fellows serve on the boards of global corporations, private companies and nonprofits, including Ace Hardware, ADT, AmerisourceBergen, Bank of New York Mellon, Bunge, Century Link, Cigna, Clean Harbors Development, Delta Dental, DirecTV, Jamba Juice, Land O'Lakes, Lockheed Martin, Manpowergroup, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society, PICO Holdings, Polycom, Reis, State Auto Insurance, Union Pacific, and UnitedHealth Group.
NACD's Fellowship Program is a comprehensive program of study developed exclusively for corporate directors who strive to stay aware of and knowledgeable about leading boardroom practices and trends that shape today's corporate governance environment. Candidates for NACD's Fellowship Program begin their program by completing a strong foundation course, which focuses on topical matters and committee-specific issues, followed by additional NACD education within a 12-month period. NACD Fellows maintain and advance their knowledge with continuous learning and peer-led collaboration and skill-specific learning opportunities, renewing their status annually.
"The directors joining NACD's ranks of distinguished Fellows will ensure boardrooms are prepared for current and future challenges, including new regulatory rules and an increasingly global marketplace," said Ken Daly, president and CEO of NACD. "I am pleased to recognize their achievement."
NACD Fellows represent hundreds of companies and provide a snapshot of the caliber of corporate directors engaged in continuous learning with NACD—the leading organization that identifies, interprets and provides insights and information that boardroom leaders rely upon to apply their wisdom and knowledge and make sound strategic decisions.
For more information about the NACD Board Leadership Fellowship program, visit www.NACDonline.org/Fellowships.
Directors who are interested in becoming NACD Board Leadership Fellows can contact NACD at 202-572-2088 or email Fellowships@NACDonline.org.
Among hundreds more, NACD Fellows include:
- Beth L. Bronner, director, Jamba Juice
- Paul W. Chan, director, Mycron Steel Berhad, Integrax Berhad, Malaysian Alliance of Corporate Directors, Prestariang Berhad, Luxchem Corp. Berhad, Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, Federation of Public Listed Companies
- Nick Donofrio, director, Bank of New York Mellon, Advanced Micro Devices, Delphi Automotive, Liberty Mutual
- Erroll B. Davis Jr., director, Union Pacific
- Fay Feeny, director, American Society of Safety Engineers Foundation, NACD Southern California Chapter
- A. Timothy Godwin, director, NETGEAR
- Patricia Hemingway Hall, director, Medecision Inc., Manpowergroup, America's Health Insurance Plans, Health Care Service Corp.
- Jane Henney, director, Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Cigna, AmerisourceBergen
- Michele J. Hooper, director, UnitedHealth Group, PPG Industries, NACD, Center for Audit Quality
- Kathleen W. Hyle, director, Bunge, AmerisourceBergen, ADT
- Janet M. Jankura, director, Green Earth Technologies
- Genevieve Kelly, director, Dole Food
- Mark A. Kerschner, director, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
- M. Christian Mitchell, director, Marshall & Stevens, Western Asset Mortgage Capital, Special Value Opportunities Fund, Reis, Parsons, NACD Southern California Chapter, GrandPoint Capital
- Ann D. Murtlow, director, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Women's Fund of Central Indiana, Walker Information, Herff Jones, The Mind Trust, Greater Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce
- William A. Owens, director, Wipro, SAP Private Equity, Intelius, Polycom, CenturyLink, FlowMobile, AEA Investors, AEA Investors ASIA
- Tom G. Plaskett, director, NACD North Texas Chapter, RadioShack, ThermoTek USA, Signet Group
- Susan A. Schreter, director, TakeCommand Information Media, Jones Soda, Heyou Entertainment
- Myron T. Steele, chief justice, Delaware Supreme Court
- Galen G. Vetter, director, Land O'Lakes, ProfitSee
- Wendy A. Watson, director, RBS Citizens Financial Group, Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania, Citizens Financial
- David Ziegler, director, Ace Hardware
The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) is the only membership organization focused exclusively on advancing exemplary board leadership. Based on 35 years of experience, NACD identifies, interprets, and provides insights and information that corporate board members rely upon to make sound strategic decisions, confidently confront complex business challenges, and enhance shareowner value. With more than 13,000 corporate director members, NACD provides world-class director education, director training, and proprietary research about leading boardroom and corporate governance practices to promote director professionalism and bolster investor confidence. Furthermore, to create more effective and efficient corporate boards, NACD provides independent board evaluations and custom-tailored in-boardroom education and training programs, as well as director-led conferences, forums, and peer-exchange learning opportunities to share ideas about current and emerging issues. Fostering collaboration among directors and governance stakeholders, NACD is shaping the future of board leadership. To learn more about NACD, visit www.NACDonline.org. To join, contact Kelly Dodd at email@example.com or 202-380-1891.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Chief Marketing Officer Henry Stoever 202-775-0509 hstoever@NACDonline.orgSource:National Association of Corporate Directors