SEOUL, South Korea, Jan. 29, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:AEIS) today introduced its Paramount® 2 MHz power supply at SEMICON® Korea 2013. The complete Paramount platform, which spans frequencies from 400 kHz to 60 MHz, provides enabling plasma management in complex thin-film processing environments. In sub 22-nm pulsing applications, the industry-leading Paramount RF pulsing provides synchronized, multi-frequency RF power to improve etch rate selectivity, substrate profile control and film uniformity in a wide operating window.
The 2 MHz mid-frequency addition completes the Advanced Energy (AE) Paramount suite of RF power delivery systems and satisfies the industry's exacting requirements for PECVD, dielectric etch and conductor etch applications. Its built-in ability to synchronize with other Paramount units simplifies power supply integration and operation across multiple frequencies, while its advanced pulsing features—such as user-selectable pulse and phase synchronization and sophisticated arc management—provide semiconductor tool manufacturers precise RF control to innovate at the sub-22 nm level and beyond.
Yuval Wasserman, president of AE Thin Films, said, "We expect the comprehensive Paramount product platform to become further established across the industry in etch and deposition processes—both in semiconductor, with the development of advanced materials and new device geometries, and in other thin-film processing applications. The common controls, measurement and advanced features facilitate process integration and optimization across multiple frequencies without the need for customization or complicated protocols. In addition, the Paramount's advanced pulsing technology, combined with our Navigator II matching network's tune-while pulsing capability, delivers exceptional plasma control."
Advanced Energy will showcase its broad line of industry-leading products and worldwide support for next-generation technologies at the SEMICON Korea exhibition, including:
- AE's Paramount RF power-delivery platform, including the new Paramount MF product;
- Navigator II digital matching network, incorporating tune-while-pulsing capability for highly stable plasma and smooth power delivery;
- Sekidenko optical fiber thermometers (OFT), delivering high-speed, multi-channel wafer temperature monitoring and control;
- Xstream® remote plasma source with Active Matching Network™ for reliable chamber clean
- Ascent® and Pinnacle® Plus DC power supplies, featuring power operation up to 60 kW and supporting a wide variety of thin-films applications; and
- AE's recently acquired Solvix line of DC and pulsed DC power supplies for metallic and reactive thin-film sputtering and arc-bias solutions.
SEMICON Korea, co-located with LED Korea, will take place at the COEX Exhibition Center in Seoul, January 30 to February 1. To learn more about AE's featured products, please visit the company in Hall A, booth 2520, and the company's event website at http://www.advanced-energy.com/en/sck2013.html.
About Advanced Energy
Advanced Energy is a global leader in reliable power conversion solutions used in thin-film plasma manufacturing processes and solar energy generation. Founded in 1981, Advanced Energy is headquartered in Fort Collins, Colorado, with dedicated support and service locations around the world. For more information, go to www.advanced-energy.com.
CONTACT: Peter Gillespie Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. +1.408.574.2534Source:Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.