HOUSTON, Jan. 31, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hart Energy and the Canadian Society for Unconventional Resources (CSUR) announced today that Hal Kvisle, CEO, Talisman Energy; and Michael Culbert, President and CEO, Progress Energy; will present at the 2nd annual Developing Unconventionals (DUG™) Canada conference and exhibition, Feb. 25-27, at the TELUS Convention Centre, in Calgary, Alberta.
Kvisle will close the conference on Wednesday, Feb. 27, with "Canada's Future," explaining the changing dynamics in gas and liquids in North America that affect both supply and markets, and how they will shape the oil and gas world over the next decade.
Culbert also will present on Feb. 27. He will provide insight into the drivers behind the Progress/Petronas joint venture, their development plans, proposed LNG pipeline, and facility project.
The DUG Canada program will examine liquids-rich plays — the Duvernay, Bakken, Montney, and emerging horizontal oil plays. The conference will spotlight the politics, people, capital, and strategies needed to encourage Canadian resource development.
To date, speakers confirmed include:
- Ken Hughes, Minister of Energy, Province of Alberta
- John W. Gibson Jr., President and CEO, Tervita
- Shinya Miyazaki, CEO, Diamond Gas Management Canada Ltd.
- Fernando Aguilar, CEO, Calfrac Well Services
- Ken Paulson, Chief Operating Officer, BC Oil & Gas Commission
- Donna Garbutt, President, Schlumberger Canada Ltd.
- Ian Anderson, President, Kinder Morgan Canada
- Brad Lock, Senior Vice President, Keyera Corp.
- Andy Evans, Senior Vice President and Director, ARC Financial
- Richard Dunn, Vice President, Regulatory and Government Relations, Encana Corp.
- Mike Wood, Vice President, Canadian Shale Division, Talisman Energy
- John Moon, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley Private Equity
- William A. Marko, Managing Director, Jefferies & Co.
- Victor Ojeda, Managing Director, LNG Canada Project, Shell Canada Ltd.
- Gibson Scott, Director - Energy Research, ITG Inc.
- Greg Haas, Manager of Research, Hart Energy
- Brendan McCracken, Duvernay Team Lead, Encana Corp.
DUG Canada delivers a uniquely targeted program and outstanding networking opportunities for investors, producers, midstream operators, service companies — anyone who focuses on Canada's emerging resource plays.
For details on all the speakers and agenda, please visit dugcanada.com.
About Hart Energy
For 30-plus years, Hart Energy has been a leader covering news and technology for energy investors and executives. The Houston-based company publishes Oil and Gas Investor, E&P, Midstream Business, and FUEL, online data services (OilandGasInvestor.com, UGcenter.com, A-Dcenter.com), and industry newsletters, and provides research and consulting services. With its successful DUG™ conference series, maps, playbooks, and research studies, Hart Energy offers exceptional depth in unconventional resources information. Visit hartenergy.com for more information.
The Hart Energy logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=16374
The Canadian Society for Unconventional Resources (CSUR) is a not-for-profit society, registered in the Province of Alberta since 2002. The organization encourages the development of Canada's unconventional hydrocarbon resources, focusing on: natural gas from coal; tight gas sands and carbonates; shale gas; and gas hydrates; and more recently light tight oil. CSUR provides information about these unconventional resource sources and strives to increase communication between the industry and the provincial and federal governments, stakeholders, and First Nations. Visit csur.com for more information.
The Canadian Society for Unconventional Resources logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=16934
CONTACT: Susan D. Emfinger Hart Energy tel +1.713.260.1069 Carrie Willemsen CSUR tel +1.403.233.9298, ext. 226
Source: HART Energy