NEW YORK, Jan. 31, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Alex and Ani's philanthropic division, Charity by Design, has extended its relationship with the American Heart Association to re-launch the "Best Friends" charm set of two expandable wire bangles on February 1st. Since the collaboration began in February of 2012, Alex and Ani has donated more than $200,000 to the American Heart Association with 20% of the sales from each bangle set going directly to the organization, which works to promote the energy, passion and power necessary to fight heart disease.
"Representative of loyalty, happiness and infinity, the Best Friends bangle set reminds us to share our love with others through the unbreakable bond of friendship," explained Designer Carolyn Rafaelian. "Alex and Ani is proud to continue our support for the amazing American Heart Association through our philanthropic efforts."
The bonds that unite Alex and Ani and the American Heart Association run deep. Company CEO, Giovanni Feroce is the 2014 Chair of the Southern New England Heart Ball and Nicki Castonguay-Maher, Vice President of Charity by Design, is a member of the American Heart Association Rhode Island Board of Directors. In addition, Stephanie Mattera, Charity by Design Community Outreach and Events Manager, will sit as a committee member for the 2013 Young Professionals Red Ball in New York City.
"We are looking forward to another great year ahead with our friends at the American Heart Association," added Castonguay-Maher. "The kinship that has formed between these two organizations is a true testament to what can happen when passionate people bring their energy to speak the message of prevention, protection and love."
In addition, Alex and Ani proudly sponsors and participates in numerous American Heart Association special events including the following:
- On February 1, 2013, National Wear Red Day, Alex and Ani will host Charmed by Charity events at its Chapel View – Cranston, RI; East Greenwich, RI; Weybosset – Providence, RI; New York City, NY; Boston, MA; New Haven, CT; Princeton, NJ; Cherry Creek – Denver, CO; and Rye, NY retail locations.
- The company will participate in the American Heart Association's National Walking Day on April 3, 2013 in addition to entering several walking teams for the Southern New England Heart Walk on May 18th.
- Alex and Ani is a sponsor of the upcoming Southern New England Heart Ball.
- Hosted by the American Heart Association, Little Heart Hero Day will feature a day of fun and networking for children with congenital heart defects and their families. The event is held annually at Roger Williams Park Zoo and Alex and Ani is proudly supporting this amazing day.
- Alex and Ani is the presenting sponsor of the American Heart Association's 2013 Little Heart Hero Gallery. On January 31st, Alex and Ani will host the Charmed by Charity event at its Weybosset location to honor Rhode Island's 2013 Little Heart Heroes.
About Alex and Ani
Alex and Ani, LLC offers eco-friendly, positive energy products created by Designer Carolyn Rafaelian, Founder and Creative Director. Alex and Ani is synonymous with Made in America. Its World Headquarters are located in the Greater Providence, Rhode Island area, where its products are designed, manufactured, and assembled using recycled local materials. Carolyn believes that every individual has a positive message to share with the world and that, by incorporating powerful symbolism and design into each positive energy piece, Alex and Ani provides a vehicle for wearers to express their individuality. An Inc. 500 Company, Alex and Ani has retail stores in addition to retail partners both domestically and internationally. Please visit www.alexandani.com for more information.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
The following files are available for download:
|[Image]||A A CBD Logo|
CONTACT: Alex and Ani, Inc.: Alexandra Zaso (212) 385-1075 Alexandra@alexandani.comSource:Alex and Ani, Inc.