ATLANTA, Feb. 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 2012 was quite a year: Obama was reelected, we nearly fell off a "cliff," the world broke out into Gangnam style and everyone went YOLO-ing into the New Year. Still, some things remained stable, such as our favorite office supplies. Online retailer OfficeZilla, after compiling its list of the most popular office essentials ordered in 2012, is predicting what will be the hottest office product trends for 2013.
"Office supplies are an essential part of daily office life, yet nobody realizes it until you run out," said OfficeZilla CEO and co-founder, Darin Kraetsch, also the CEO of the national retail franchise Flip Flop Shops. "It's time office supplies get the recognition they deserve. Everybody is always talking about the best movies and books of the year, so we're sending a shout out to the top office supplies of 2012 and predicting the top picks for 2013."
According to OfficeZilla, based on 2012 sales, the must-have office supply items for 2013 will be:
- Binders – Whether they are O-ring, D-ring, neutral or colorful, binders are a practical everyday office supply. While you won't want to fill them with women, you can fill them with all your important documents to stay organized.
- Sharpies – This classic favorite still tops the list as one of the most popular writing utensil in the office. With all the different color and tip options, you can express yourself any way you like! Just don't write on your desk- they are permanent.
- Lorell Executive High Back Chair – Don't be fooled, these chairs aren't only for executives. This stylish chair made the top of the list for its quality, amazing comfort and affordable price.
- Copy Paper – While Xerox and Hammermill topped the list of favorite brands, copy paper of all brands, weights and brightness factors made our list.
- Caffeine – Even though caffeine isn't typically thought of as an office supply, it ranks in the top five because essential 'fuel' for those long work days! Keep it flowing!
Living up to its tagline, Same Stuff. Less Money.™, OfficeZilla offers everything a modern office could need—including office supplies, ink and toner, paper, office furniture, break room materials, office gadgets and cleaning products.
Founded in 2012 by the same major players who helped build favorite, household brand names like CNN, Nike, Cold Stone Creamery, Moe's Southwest Grill and Flip Flop Shops (a 2012 Inc. 200 company), OfficeZilla is an online retailer that boasts more than 35,000 name-brand office supplies for up to 20 percent less than suggested retail prices. Living up to its tagline, Same Stuff, Less Money™, OfficeZilla offers everything a modern office could need—including office supplies, ink and toner, paper, office furniture, break room materials, office gadgets and cleaning products—for a fraction of the cost. All items are shipped free, next day from the closest of its 35-plus distribution centers across North America. For more information, visit http://www.officezilla.com/ or visit the OfficeZilla blog at http://blog.officezilla.com. To get custom contract pricing, email saveusmoney@OfficeZilla.com.
The OfficeZilla logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=15861
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACT: Julianne Kennelly, Fishman PR & Marketing (847) 945-1300 or firstname.lastname@example.org