DETROIT, Feb. 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covisint, a Compuware (Nasdaq:CPWR) company, today announced the launch of its fully integrated healthcare solution: Covisint Healthcare. Already a leading provider of accountable care, HIE and collaboration technologies, Covisint Healthcare now enables providers and payers to deliver better care and achieve increased revenues in today's outcomes-focused environment.
"As healthcare reform drives the shift from fee-for-service to outcomes-based reimbursement, providers and payers need to effectively manage financial risk for defined populations, better coordinate care across the care continuum and drive measured outcomes at the point-of-care," said John Stanley, Principal of Impact Advisors.
Covisint Healthcare performs advanced analytics across multiple systems and stakeholders to reduce costs and earn incentives--a core tenet of accountable care initiatives. Covisint's cloud engagement platform meets customers where they are, from paper-based to mobile and cloud systems. The solution reduces unnecessary readmissions, procedure redundancies and emergency room visits by streamlining administrative and clinical information and delivering actionable insights to the point-of-care.
Key Covisint Healthcare benefits include the:
- highlighting of strong and weak performers--by pulling information across internal and external systems and reports;
- enhancement of existing EMRs, EHRs, care management and HIEs--simplifying participation in government programs, saving time, coordinating care and increasing revenues by expanding reporting and simplifying shared plans with decision support and guidelines;
- delivery of real-time team notifications--for ER admission and discharges;
- capturing, tracking and reporting--on core measure sets for ACO, PCMH, Meaningful Use and PQRS or commercial payer pay-for-performance and other value-based models;
- improvement of patient outreach and scheduling--by generating reports identifying those in need of care or for those falling through the cracks in today's fragmented healthcare system; and
- simplicity, scalability and performance of Covisint's cloud engagement platform--which has been deployed by more than 3,000 global customers to allow 18 million users to access mission-critical applications and information.
"Delivering healthcare today demands a fresh perspective to allow organizations to compete effectively now as well as help to transform their business down the road," said Steve McDonald, Covisint Vice President of Healthcare. "The future is in sight, and Covisint Healthcare delivers on this demand. It's exciting and rewarding to see healthcare organizations respond creatively and aggressively by reaching out to community providers and establishing non-traditional partnerships in the care delivery model."
Covisint Healthcare meets healthcare organizations where they are in their technology adoption, enabling them to mature into a fully functioning, clinically integrated community with multi-system integrations and advanced analytics. Covisint delivers high value to accountable care stakeholders by supporting a comprehensive health information technology roadmap that fills the gaps left by existing technology investments. Covisint's agnostic platform enables the free, secure flow of information with the customer in full control, helping healthcare providers avoid being reliant upon one vendor, payer or HIE. Covisint healthcare works with or without an existing EMR system.
The new Covisint Healthcare platform will be demonstrated at HIMSS 2013 in New Orleans.
Covisint, a Compuware Company
Covisint provides the leading cloud engagement platform for creating and enabling new mission-critical external business processes. Our solutions enable organizations to connect, engage, and collaborate with the critical external audiences that define their success--including customers, business partners and suppliers. Covisint allows its clients to establish a secure, reliable, integrated presence in the cloud, and it provides the kind of engaging information experiences that people everywhere have come to expect. Learn more at www.covisint.com.
The Covisint logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=7150
Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, provides software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and delivers value. Compuware solutions make the world's most important technologies perform at their best for leading organizations worldwide, including 46 of the top 50 Fortune 500 companies and 12 of the top 20 most visited U.S. web sites. Learn more at: http://www.compuware.com.
The Compuware logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=5950
Follow us on:firstname.lastname@example.org 313-227-0127 For Sales and Marketing Information Compuware Corporation One Campus Martius Detroit, MI 48226 800-521-9353 http://www.compuware.com