CINCINNATI, Feb. 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The board of directors of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Cincinnati (FHLBank) has named two new members to its 2013 Advisory Council (Council), and reappointed four members. The 15-member Council provides guidance to the board and staff on housing needs and programs that will enhance the FHLBank's affordable housing and economic development programs in its Fifth District territory of Kentucky, Ohio, and Tennessee.
Joining the Advisory Council are:
- Kenneth "Jay" Kittenbrink, Executive Director of Episcopal Retirement Homes in Cincinnati, Ohio, which serves the housing needs of the elderly. He will serve a three-year term commencing January 1, 2013, and succeeds George R. Brown of Clermont Senior Services Inc. of Batavia, Ohio, who retired in 2012. Mr. Kittenbrink has more than 30 years' experience in developing affordable housing for the elderly using a variety of funding sources including the FHLBank's Affordable Housing Program, various HUD programs and Low Income Housing Tax Credits. He also serves on the Policy Committee for the Ohio Housing Council.
- Laura B. Sinclair, Chief Program Officer of the Tennessee Housing Development Agency (THDA) in Nashville, Tenn. Ms. Sinclair will serve through December 31, 2013, the remainder of the term of Ted Fellman, who recently retired as executive director of THDA. She has served as Chief Program Officer of THDA since 2010. Ms. Sinclair oversees all of the housing programs for THDA, including the Single Family Mortgage Revenue Bond program, the Low Income Housing Tax Credits program, the Multifamily Tax Exempt Bond program, the HOME program and the Housing Trust Fund program. Ms. Sinclair has more than 28 years' experience with housing finance agencies, as well as mortgage banking and commercial property management. Ms. Sinclair previously served THDA as head of its Single Family Mortgage program. Ms. Sinclair currently serves on the Genworth Mortgage Insurance Advisory Board and frequently serves on panels for the National Council of State Housing Agencies.
Reappointed to the Advisory Council are:
- Donald R. Ball, Chairman, Ball Homes, Inc. in Lexington, Ky. He was first appointed to the Council in 2010. In previous years, Mr. Ball has served on the FHLBank's Board of Directors.
- Terry W. Cunningham, Executive Director, Kingsport Housing and Redevelopment Authority in Kingsport, Tenn. He was first appointed to the Council in 2007, and served as chair 2011-12.
- Linda G. Leathers, Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer, The Next Door in Nashville, Tenn. She was first appointed to the Council in 2010.
- Deborah W. Williams, Executive Director, Housing Assistance aNd Development Services, Inc. (HANDS) in Bowling Green, Ky. She was first appointed to the Council in 2008 and will serve as Council chair in 2013 and 2014.
The FHLBank is a $67 billion, AA+ rated, congressionally-chartered regional wholesale bank providing financial services for residential housing and economic development to 742 member financial institutions located in Kentucky, Ohio and Tennessee. It has contributed more than $470 million for the creation of more than 61,500 units of lower-income housing through its Affordable Housing Program since 1990, and more than $18 million through additional, voluntary programs helping thousands to attain or preserve homeownership. In 2012, $5 million was allocated to fund the new Disaster Reconstruction Program, helping Fifth District storm victims with lost or damaged homes purchase, rebuild or repair a primary residence. The FHLBank System includes 12 district Banks, is wholly owned by its nearly 7,600 member institution stockholders and does not use taxpayer dollars.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Cincinnati logo is available at: http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=15484
CONTACT: John Byczkowski FHLBank Cincinnati 513.852.7085 (office) 513.382.7615 (cell) email@example.com
Source:Federal Home Loan Bank of Cincinnati